UCL Security Services
Our objective: to provide a safe and secure working environment
to all UCL staff, students and visitors.
- Deal with emergencies and criminal investigations
- Patrol the premises 24 hours a day
- Monitor CCTV and alarms in our control room
- Staff the main gatehouses and receptions of some buildings
- Offer advice and guidance regarding security matters
UCL Security Officers are available 24 hours a day to assist members of UCL with their queries.
In an emergency call 222
from any UCL phone.
For information on keeping safe in and around UCL please visit Staying Safe @ UCL.
- Provide ID / entry cards for students, staff and visitors to UCL.
Access can be added to the cards to areas controlled by access control
- Install and maintain entry card systems.
- Install and maintain CCTV and alarm systems, and the connection
of external alarm systems to the UCL Control Room (fire, equipment
- Provide keys.
- Provide advice on security matters involving all types of locks
and the use of access control, including arranging the design and
installation of master-keyed lock systems.
For information about identity/access cards and keys, please
Security Systems page.
|To contact UCL Security 24/7
||Call 020 7679 2108 or extension 32108
|To contact the Police in an emergency
|To contact the Police for a non-emergency:
The nearest Police Station to the main UCL Campus is:
Holborn Police Station
10 Lambs Conduit Street
Standard Specifications for Security at UCL
The UCL Security department is responsible for the policies and procedures that define our approach and response to security concerns. We're responsible for the provision of building attendants, security personnel and the on-going management, support and maintenance of security measures – including physical locks on doors, electronic access control, intercom systems, CCTV systems and alarm monitoring. Please visit our Standard Specifications page for full details.
Crime Prevention Advice
Staying Safe @ UCL
Staying Safe @ The Halls of Residence
Staying Safe @ Home
Staying Safe on Your Bike
Apply for a Skip/Container Location
Cascade Alert System
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Car Parking Permits
Lost and Found Property
Theft Report Form
Movement of Property Form
CCTV Policy Statement
Out of Hours Working Application Form (Word Document)