| 2012 | 2011 | 2010 | 2009 | 2008 | 2007 | 2006 | 2005 | 2004 | 2003 | 2002 | 2001 | 2000
To search the Dissertation titles for keywords, hold down CTRL and press F, and enter the keyword you want to search for.
|Dissertations of Finalists 2012
- Applied social welfare economics: Approximation of an optimum alchohol taxation in Sweden.
Representations of Nietzschean nihilism in Pirandello's Cose e (si vi pare) and Uno, Nessuno, Centomila"
- Is the legal relationship between the State and religious denominations in France and Spain converging?
Income Inequality in France and the role of the welfare state in preventing its climb
- Under What Conditions do EU Election Observation Missions Promote Implementation of Recommendations for Democratic Reform in Third Countries?
- Is the life of the French woman ”as free and equal as any man's” today? An investigation of gender equality and the remnants of second wave feminism in contemporary French society.
- Love and death in Mexican life. A study of cultural performance
- The EU: a consolidating democracy
- Horizontal direct effect of European Union directives
- Virtual Spaces and Communities: A case study of the Dutch skateboard community and their use of technological tools
- Transforming the Public sphere: The new media and its influence on Russia
- The Philosophy of Praxis' in Antonio Gramsci and the early Gyorgy Lukács"
- Consequences on the function of elections of the 1982 German "Constructive vote of No-Confidence"
- The Role of Islam in the German Debate on Turkish Accession to the EU
- The influence of television on French presidential elections: To what extent does television make the electorate vote for the individual rather than the candidate?'
- Poor and Nasty or Noble and Savage - the state of nature in Hobbes's and Rousseau's philosophy
- The EU and China: revisiting the decision making processes within Sino-European relations
- To what extent can we witness a presidentialisation of the French political system under Sarkozy?
- To what extent do institutional intentions determine people's perception and experience of public space?
- The changing face of Spanish Foreign Policy towards the Maghreb
- How has institutional reform affected the political representation of women in Italy?
- How did Olof Palme’s vision of Swedish neutrality and his continuous struggle with pragmatism versus ideology affect and influence Sweden’s relationship with the USA?
- From Power Game to Cooperation: Towards a New Paradigm in EU-Russia Relations in the field of Natural Gas
- EU Global Health Policy: An Equitable Response?
|Dissertations of Finalists 2011
- Can we formulate a legitimate and pragmatic conception of humanitarian intervention? An argument in defense of the possibility of humanitarian intervention.
- Can microfinance contribute to tackle climate change and achieve environmental sustainability: Field experimental evidence from Bangladesh.
- Political Parties and the Far Left: A case study of the Nouveau Parti Anticapitaliste
- An analysis of the effects of EU counter terrorism strategy on the politics of European integration
- What view of freedom does Jose Ortega y Gasset draw from his dialectical metaphysics of circumstance and self?
- Experiences of democratisation of elite higher education at Sciences Po Paris: An analysis of the consistency and context of institutional discourse and subjective accounts of widening participation.
- Making sense of discontinuities in Italian foreign policy by studying the role of ideologies: the case of the Arab-Israeli conflict
- What was the role of left wing activism within wider movements for reform in the GDR in the 1980's? A Case Study of East German Group 'Friedenskreis, Friedrichsfelde'
- The comprehensive approach in EU Immigration policies: What can explain the discrepancy between political discourse and actual implementation of the comprehensive approach into EU immigration? An analysis of the policy making system with references to institutionalism and intergovernmentalism theories.
- Does the Rwandan genocide represent a turning point in French African policy?
- Cria cuervos y te sacarán los ojos: The influence and legacy of the Franco regime on Spanish film
- To what extent is the printed press free in Putin's Russia? The cases of Kommersant, Vedemosti, Moskoviskie Novosti and Novaja Gazeta
- Special Paths and De-civilising processes: An analysis of student duelling in Imperial Germany c. 1850-1914
- Pragmatism and French conservatism: The Morphology of Nicolas Sarkozy's Political Ideology
- How were the non-standard forms of language viewed in France in the 18th Century? Answer referring to attitudes displayed in literary texts written in dialect from Lyon.
- Jean Jacques Rousseau, Benjamin Constant, the criticism of Constant of Rousseau's proposed political system
- The relationship between politics and football in Italy since 1980 (with reference to Cyprus)
- Continuity in Putin's Foreign policy towards the Arab Regimes of the Levant. The Russian bear in the lands of the Rising Sun.
- Russia 's energy resources: a strategic weapon in the country's foreign affairs?
- The PS and the Presidency: Examining electoral structure and strategy in light of the 2012 Presidential Elections
|Dissertations of Finalists 2010
- Emancipation through Socialism? Women’s Lives in the German Democratic Republic and Experiences of Single Motherhood
- To what extent, if any, should the state fund higher education?
- Nationalism in the Italian north: what is the meaning behind Padania and its role in Italian politics?
- Comparison of post-9/11 law-making in the UK and Germany with a possible focus on immigration law
- Sanitising Subjects: Cholera and the Italianisation of Naples
- Euroscepticism in Austria: a new “awkward partner”?
- Rebranding 21 st-century Venezuela: A study of Hugo Chávez’s construction of the Bolivarian Identity and its consequences on Venezuelan Foreign Policy
- Exploring the relationship between language, thought and reality: a critical study of conceptual relativism
- Paradoxically coherent: A conceptual analysis of socio-economic Sarkozysm before and after the fall of Lehman Brothers
- The Security Issue in the Immigration Debate in Italy: Do the Left and the Right Differ in Their Approaches?
- Nietzsche and the creation of a new European man
- Problems with the Application of Law 194/1978 in Italy. Catholicism and Regions
- Why do French women politicians find it harder to be respected by the French public than French women artists and intellectuals? A study of the visual versus the verbal
- Which model for a European Contract Law? The analysis of the four options suggested by the Commission in its Communication on European Contract Law COM(2001) 398 final
- Michel Foucault on the Subject of Ethics
- How did the right-wing ideas held by General Franco contribute to the development of the Spanish legal system
- Justice Distribution and Liberty: Key Themes in International and Distributive Justice
- Development of the doctrine of the margin of appreciation in the jurisprudence of the European Court of Human Rights
- Critical assessment of the Swedish political model in the globalised era. To what extent has the traditional Swedish welfare state been challenged by the developments of globalisation?
- Aspects of the history of feminism in Germany
- To what extent and in what ways do war films inform Russian foreign policy in the post-Yeltsin era?
- Immigration Into Austria and Its Effect on FPÖ’s Electoral Performance (1990-1995)
- The Ethics of Simone de Beauvoir: Oppression, Transcendence and the Importance of Education
- The Potential for Intergration a l’Européenne in Latin America
- Counter-terrorism measures and the protection of privacy in the jurisprudence of the German Bundesverfassungsgericht
- The Cult of Padre Pio
- Going it Alone: Civil Society in Contemporary Russia
- Remembering and forgetting Italian fascism through architecture
- What is the ‘Italian anomaly’? Is this appellation justified? And if yes, what are its implications for the state of democracy in Italy?
- To what extent are the right to seek asylum and the principle of non-refoulement respected in EU-Libyan and Italian-Libyan co-operation on migration?
- The example of Mongolia in the context of Russia’s demand for regional influence
- Is Carbon Capture and Storage (CSS) the solution to the double objective of energy and climate security in the European Union?
|Dissertations of Finalists 2009
- Was the French nuclear deterrent a major contributory factor in the apparent decline of Franco-American relations during the Kennedy years?
- An exploration of the role of Rachel Whiteread’s Holocaust Memorial, Judenplatz, Vienna, in relation to Viennese and Austrian identity and place
- Convergence of interest or divergence of needs: What is the real added value of the EU’s common policy on labour migration?
- Enmity to universal rights: Contradiction, exeption, or perfect corollary?
- ‘Gaullism’ and its influences on French foreign policy towards the Middle East
- How important are sanctions to law?
- The prospects and failures of EU interregionalism: The case of the European Union and Mercosur
- The role of British political influence in shaping the development and reform of the Common Agricultural Policy of the European Union
- Escaping ideological thought: The problematic of ‘free-floating intelligentsia’ in Karl Mannheim’s sociology of knowledge
- Contested borders: A state’s right to restrict entry at its borders
- To what extent has Germany become more politically inclusive of her Turkish immigrants since the revision of the citizenship law in 2000?
- The EU’s comprehensive approach to asylum and regional protection programmes: A study in hypocrisy
- Victims or agents? The view of the global poor in the international distributive justice discussion
- Towards philosophical anarchism
- Employee privatisation: Short-term and long-term ascpects. The case of Croatia
- Europeanisation of foreign policy. A study of Spain’s foreign policy towards the Mediterranean, 1982-1996
- French politics from an institutional perspective: To what extent can EU-NATO relations be used to understand French foreign policy objectives?
- How and why is immigration ‘securitised’ in Italy? An empirical study of the securitisation process
- Did EMU membership play a role in the implementation of reforms in Italy?
- The institutional Europeanisation of national parliaments and the Treaty of Lisbon
- Media, public opinion and democracy: The Italian anomaly of Europe
- The idea of Europe in the 21 st Century – Institutional Reform of the European Union
- If in theory the principle of laïcité is functional, where do problems of inequality arise from?
- The French influence on European energy policy. A study of the French EU Presidency 2008
- To what extent does the individual's conception of the state affect the causes of political corruption?
- A Single Currency for East Asia? Lessons from Europe
- Joseph de Maistre: Positive, positivistic, or neither?
|Dissertations of Finalists 2008
- Ideology and Russia’s transition to market economy
- The CPE affair: The rejection of a transnational liberal tendency, or crisis of French governance?
- Kant’s Doctrine/Theory of Virtue
- Causes of 1992-93 ERM Crisis
- Are the legal mechanisms currently in place to fight climate change adapted to the proble, at hand? What should the post-kyoto legal set-up look like?
- To what extent has unified Germany escaped its past and exercised its novel capacity for independent foreign policy action on the global stage?
- The theatre state in twenty-first century Italy: Negotiating the female body in contemporary Italy
- Success of the Lega Nord
- Is parité a justifiable concept?
- Guacho-Lepenism: an academic construction or a political reality?
- Should the EU adopt the Scandinavian socio-economic model?
- Albanian prostitutes in Italy. Do attitudes reflect a wider problem?
- The effect of the historical Franco-Serbian relationship on France’s Foreign Policy from the Balkan Wars to the Present.
- The influence of the 1956 Hungarian revolution on the Bolognese communist ideology
- What was the political/social environment surrounding the 2004 law on ‘Laicite’? And therefore how necessary was the law?
- Dietrologia: un passato che non passa
- Legal Immigration in an EU Perspective
- Social movements – A case study on Attac France
- Did Naples experience any economic miracle during “il boom” years, and if not, why did it fail to do so?
- Fascism and Modernism
- Nicholas Sarkozy’s politics of law and order: breaking with tradition?
- ‘ La Rochelle’/’Rochellian’: Identifying Identity in a French town.
- EU immigration policy and Spain
- Uniformity or diversity? A study of differentiated integration in the European Union
- Does outward Foreign Direct Investment affect employment in Italy during the period 1990-2000?
- The decline of FPÖ
- Why did the Soviet Union intervene in the Spanish Civil war?
- In which way do the organs of student movements in Bologna reflect the current social situation in Italian?
- Italy , Violence and Terrorism
- Energy resources and the economic growth of Russia
- Could Gorbachev have prevented the German Unification
- Can a just distribution be attained?
- Generational Conflicts in the GDR
- Diplomatic relations between France and Spain during the Spanish Civil War 1936-1939
- Trafficking of women into the EU. What approach and action should the EU take?
- Marsilio Ficino’s doctrine of original sin
- The Marginalization and Polarization of Dutch Politics: Development of an External Policy Space Post-Paars
|Dissertations of Finalists 2007
- The failure of the European Constitution and the recent ‘banlieues’ fires – influence on France’s attitude to cultural identity
- Media and Conflict – La Crise des Banlieues
- The possible role of respect as a political notion
- De Gaulle’s long-term foreign policy goals and France’s ‘withdrawal’ from NATO
- Berlin ’s past: A burden to its future?
- To what extent has the process of uniting Germany resulted in a distinct East German identity?
- Catalan Nationalism: A threat to the Spanish State?
- The Incest Taboo: Explanation and Significance
- Spiritual authority, power-ideology perpetrated by personalities. ‘Cult’ worship, mysticism, miracle, belief: divine or fraud? Padre Pio V
- Habermas’ contribution to the Historikerstreit of 1985-7: Did his idea of a German ‘constitutional patriotism’ go on to shape his theories on the European project, and is this postnational form of political identity a feasible one?
- Political memory in the Spanish Civil War: Was the Transition ‘a fictitious reconciliation’? How has collective memory played a role in Spain’s transition?
- The 'Foreign Factor': Internationalization of the Cyprus conflict
- The Problem of ‘Illegalization’: Ambiguity of priorities in the EU's struggle with Southern Europe's African migrants
- The Madrid Bombings 2004: Is the underlying problem of the Alianza de Civilizaciones the fact that it misunderstands the nature of the issue?
- Did Napoleon genuinely seek to include all groups by granting Jews citizenship, or was it to assimilate and eventually see the Jewish religion and culture disappear?
- To what extent have corporate influences blurred the division between public and private space at Berlin's Potsdamer Platz?
- European Citizenship: the (im)possibilities?
- Aristotle’s Doctrine of the Mean in his account of Excellent Character
- The economic dimension of the public sphere – Jacques Necker’s public agenda in Le compte rendu au roi (1781)
- Can new governance optimise the effects of anti-
- discrimination law regulating private employment relationships? An analysis focusing on the effects of participation and the degree of regulation of recent EU anti-discrimination law
- Torn identity and second generation North African immigrants
- Parité: To what extent and by what means can the introduction the law of parité favouring equal representation of men and women in politics be seen as an issue of moral relevance? To what extent can such a measure be seen as operative?
- Anarchism & Malatesta
- The adoption of Western consumer trends in Russia (beer market)
- Indian stereotypes in the British media before and after Indian independence
- The possibility of an EU Common Energy Policy
- Does Spanish legislation concerning Asylum and Refugee Seekers satisfy its obligations under international human rights law?
- The justification and limits of toleration in liberal democracies
- Importance of “Euskera” in Basque ethnic identity and nationalistic movements
- De Gaulle & the first British application to the EEC
- How does the role of the European Union affect the balance between the detention and prosecution of terrorist suspects within Member States and their commitment to Human Rights?
- Republicanism and its corruption
- Madame de Sablé and her political thought
|Dissertations of Finalists 2006
- What was the legacy of Francoism in post-Franco Spain?
- After more than four decades, can Turkey’s dream of EU membership at last become reality? The Enlargement debate in French political and public life
- Why on earth? Women’s divine calling to the Opus Dei
- What are the historical, economic, cultural and social factors behind regional identities in modern Spain? The case of Catalonia
- Will the Slow Food movement succeed?
- Exchange rates, trade and monetary integration: Lessons from EMU for Mercosur
- Mobility and diasporic experiences in contemporary Paris: Is the Chinese community challenging the French model of integration?
- What reasons lie behind the fall in Spanish unemployment during the last 10 years?
- Hoort Turkije bij de EU? The political debate in the Netherlands surrounding the European Council’s decision of 17/12/04 To open Accession Negotiations with Turkey
- Multi-level challenges to Spanish statehood: European integration and Catalan regionalism
- Is there a new ‘Jewish question’ in France? A study of antisemitism and antizionism in France since 2000
- What and who are the Valencians? The relationship between language and identity
- How well has the ‘Regulierungsbehörde für Telekommunikations und Post’(RegTP) regulated the German mobile telecommunications industry with regards to promoting competition?
- The contemporary representation of the female body in Italian visual media
- The politics of language: ‘El conflicto lingüístico’ in Valencia
- Women’s part-time work as a discriminatory factor in France – can EU law be counted on to provide improvement?
- To what extent did changing patterns of consumption alter the perceived role of women in Germany between ca. 1900 and 1930?
- Italy’s defining moment in Libya: How did the 1911 colonial expedition weaken the Socialists, reassert the Catholics, and set Italy’s political landscape thereafter?
- Culture in crisis: analysing Adorno’s theory of culture in late capitalist society
- Examine the Progress of Zionism in France 1940-1949
- Gramsci and the politics of the ‘Modern Prince’
- The Italian Resistance and the politicisation of public memory 1945-50
- Is Kant’s Groundwork to the Metaphsyics of Morals a valid proof of morality’s universal nature?
- La fiesta de las Fallas in Valencia: a ritual displaying ‘conscious purificatory pyromania’ or vanity and economic injustice? Discuss this statement in the light of the festival’s historical transformation and its social and religious significance
- Do the Pieds-noirs constitute an identifiable subculture within French society or are they simply a part of it?
- Identity and citizenship in Marseille: A model of integration?
- Why is the Islamic headscarf in France so highly charged with meaning ?
- External constraints versus domestic reforms: Globalisation, European integration and the French Welfare State
- Kant describes sceptical doubt of an external world as a ‘scandal to philosophy and to human reason in general’, but does he manage to successfully overcome this doubt?
- Why did Engelbert Dollfuß advance ‘Austrianization’ in his two years of chancellorship 1932-1934 and to what extent was it a success?
- How does Jean Rouch’s ‘shared anthropology’ attempt to overcome the problems of an exploitative relationship between filmmaker and subject?
- Berlin/Beirut: Laboratories of a postmodern renaissance
- An American in Paris : cosmopolitan, tourist or exile? What can expatriate experiences of the French capital teach us about transnational cultural identity theories?
- If in theory the principle of laïcité is functional, where do the problems of inequality arise from?
- To what extent do the present-day frontiers of Savoie reflect the leading frontier theories of the past two centuries?
- The ideologically committed novelist: an anarchist’s response to the culture, society and politics of the Second Spanish Republic
- What does the future hold for Il Partito della Rifondazione Comunista?
|Dissertations of Finalists 2005
- Culture at the service of political ideology? The relationship between cultural developments and political debate in 1960s Italy, and the role of cultural protest
- Italian immigration policy: An analysis of the Bossi-Fini Law and its effects
- The EU’s Common Foreign and Security Policy after the Draft Constitutional Treaty – an institutional analysis
- Why was the Opfernation’ myth created and sustained in post-war Austria?
- To what extent can Utilitarian philosophy provide a satisfactory justification of punishment?
- An evaluation of the role of consent in Onora O’Neill’s Kantian endorsed theory of respecting a person
- Social contractarianism and the justification of humanitarian intervention
- Prostitution in abolitionist France after the ‘Loiu pour la sécurité intérieure’
- The experience of Jews in Italy under Mussolini and the course of WWII
- Solving the Environment Question: An examination of the obstacles and approaches to positive environmental progress
- Does Holiday Effect still exist? New evidence from the UK
- The Unknown Soldiers: The story of foreign volunteers fighting for Franco during the Spanish Civil War
- ‘Soft power’: the material representation of China in France
- Consumption in the 21 st century: Are we consuming, or are we being consumed?
- The role of public opinion in political debate in the light of the Dreyfus Affair
- The regional versus the national group politico-territorial identity in Italy, with special reference to Tuscany
- Can we accommodate both respect for Rights, and other concerns, in state activity?
- Franco-German relations after the Treaty of Nice and its impact on EU enlargement
- The Guijarro sisters: Traditional women?
- Language, culture, identity: mother tongue tuition and integration of youth of immigrant background in contemporary Sweden
- To what extent is the German PDS and its future in crisis?
- Is Italy ‘the land that feminism forgot’? The struggle for reproductive freedom
- To what extent has tourism affected aspects of cultural identity and tradition in Tyrol?
- Sartre’s Obscene: In search of an objective explanation of obscenity
- Investigation into the stereotype of Italian fashionability
- French motoring change 1900-1914
- To what extent can Germany’s successful transition to democracy after WWII be attributed to the Allies?
- The evolution and symbolism of hats in the twentieth century
- From ecclesiastical centre to capital of the Italian state: How did the architecture and urban planning of Rome reflect this change in status?
- Did unification herald a new era in the military and security policy of the FRG and to what extent did the events of 1989-90 precipitate any change?
- The importance of the Private Sphere: how and to what extent does it influence and reflect the public sphere?
- Comparing German and EU decision-making structures. How similar are they and why?
- Ethnographic museums at a turning point: do they still have any reason to exist in the age of globalisation?
- Kant’s Critique of Judgement: Pleasure, displeasure and ugliness in Kant’s third Critique Urban segregation and government in France: Controlling space and social interaction by planning and the Loi Sarkozy
|Dissertations of Finalists 2004
- The integration of Islam into secular France
- Why is Euroscepticism in Denmark so prominent?
- How do Occitans conceive and construct Occitania in Toulose?
- The Machiavellian concept of human nature
- Socio-political struggle in a health crisis: French and Spanish responses to the AIDS epidemic 1985-95
- Is Euroscepticism emerging in Berlusconi's second governement?
- Alberto Spinelli and a United Europe: The sources of federalism in Italy 1927-45
- Is the Confédération Paysanne a new type of social movement?
- The politics of terror: ETA and the BNP
- Why did Berlusconi win the 2001 elections after his first government fell?
- How has social identity been constructed and challenged through religious symbolism in France?
- Rhetorical strategies in Right-wing populism
- Cohabitiation: Does the French split-executive transform to diarchy? How and why did the French peasantry become part of the 'nation' between 1870 and 1914?
- The impact of globalisation on the ideology of the French Parti Socialiste.
- Is democracy a threat to society? An investigation into the phenomenon of mass man
- What factors lead the cooperative owned brand champagne Nicolas Feuillate to become the fastest growing champagne in the history of the appellation?
- Austrian governemental attitudes to the eastern enlargement of the EU
- Insecurity in the French political debate: Social reality or instrument of political manipulation
- How did the 1848 revolution in Venice both marginalize and involve women?
- Is consent necessary and sufficient for a liberal to justofy political obligation?
- The rise of the Eurosceptiques. An analysis of the EU's easten enlargement in French politicallife
- Is Berlin socially, culturally, economically and architecturally still a divided city?
- The rise and fall of the Spanish Communist Party 1936-82
- An investigation into the pre-unification roots of the Italian form of nation state The place of English in Dutch universities: A case study of educational policy and cultural identity
- The origins of the Italian 'historic compromise': The response of the PCI to domestic and international upheavals in the 1970s
- Conseil Francais du Culte Musulman: Its creation and its criticsThe image of die neue Frau in the Weimar republic: Myth or Reality?
- Foibe: Rocky terrain in contemporary Italy
- To what extent was there a restructuring of the Lyonnais petit bourgeois family between 1830 and 1914?
- An investigation into the relationship between cultural identity and citizenship for young Turks in Germany in light of the new nationality law
- An introspective look into German foreign policy under the Red/Green coalition governement of Gerhard Schröder
- The unification of Germany: Hopes and fears in a divided nation Fashion and National Identity: The role of the individual in creating and maintaining identity
- Low birth rates in Spain: Cause, consequence and effect 1970-2003
- Does Edward Said's notion of Orientalism aid analysis of the decline and eventualdisappearance of Muslim rule in Spain?
- The failure of Red Vienna
- The relationship between Futurism and Fascism in the period of the Aeropainting movement in Italy
- How effectively does Catalonia establish its autonomy vis-à-vis the Spanish nation state in the context of globalisation and EU integration?
- Vichy France - the problematic relationship between history, memory and film
|Dissertations of Finalists 2003
- The politics of the press in the slaughter of Piazza Fontana
- Immigration and asylum seeking policy in the EU and France
- Chronicling the Franco regime in autobiography fiction: the approaches of Barral, Martin Gaite and Goytisolo
- Nationalism, modernism and the discourse of Interventionism: The case of Gli Avvenimenti, Milan 1915
- Pride and Prejudice: A multi-disciplinary study of homophobia in hetersexual men in Western societies with a case study of Italy
- Is 'Sicilian-ness' part of 'Italian-ness'?
- France's partnership with Africa in the new unilateralism
- Spanish society in the aftermath of the 1898 crisis: The perceptions and responses of four contemporary Spanish writers
- The end of ideologies, freedom and racism. A case study of the FPÖ
- To what extent can Nietzsche' philosophy be described as being inherently Nazi?
- Seville: balancing the Andalucian myth with the technopolis dream
- The EU's uncertain political identity - An analysis of European citizenship and Europe in Italian political discourse
- Kant and the problem of scepticism
- Consuming Classics: the popularisation of classical music and its impact in the Netherlands
- On Freedom
- The interaction between the political system and social movements. A case study of the anti-globalisation movement in Italy.
- The republican tradition in France and left-wing politics - A case study of Jean-Pierres Chevenement
- 'The French Republic, one and indivisable.' The threat of immigration policy to the French Republican tradition
- Fiume's Carta del Carnaro: a dannunzian proto-fascist document or a syndicalist project?
- French Unemployment: A product of labour market institutions
- Right wing extremism in Berlin: 1990 to the present
- Social Contract and Obligation
- Who should be tolerated? Decency and injustice in John Rawls' The Law of Peoples*
- A comparison between the Basque and Catalan Nationalist movements and their possible future direction
- Nietzsche's Critique of Morality in Daybreak
- Immigration in Spain: A threat to society or the need to integrate the immigrants - the case of the Autonomous Community of Madrid
- Lille: Ailing provincial town to 'eurocity'?
- Time is life: An anthropological study of time
- A new Italian family? Why do Italian young adults remain in the home for an extended peiod of time?
- In what ways did the social and political consequences of the Franco regime affect the nature of the student protest movement in Spain under the dictatorship?
- How much is immigrant entrepreneurship facilitated by social capital? A case study of Chinese restaurant owners in Milan
- The Gypsy minorityand their integration within the EU:The Spanish Case
|Dissertations of Finalists 2002
- Why so silent? The Protestant church in West Germany and the legacy of the holocaust
- 'Americanisation' and American culture in Europe: A case study of McDonalds in Rome
- Can we defend the relativism of rationality, or should we accept modern empirical science as the only rational worldview
- Voluntary visibles: The regenerations of Berlin's 'European Jews'
- Why did West Berliners' image of the United States as an occupying force change to a more positive perception by 1949? What role did the Berlin blockade and subsequent airlift play in this?
- Morocco, Tunisia and the European Union: Past, present and future dependence?
- From fundamentalism to pragmatism - the emergence of a new type of party: To what extent are Les Verts the green challengers for a new politics paradigm?
- Jacques Delors: A study of political leadership in the European Commission
- What factors motivated the citizens of Leipzig to oppose the communist regime in the German democratic Republic?
- The influence of intellectuals and public opinion during the Algerian war (1954-1962)
- The Belgian Dioxin crisis: A case study assessing macro-economic stabilisation of a sector specific shock
- Night vs. Nacht: An application of post-modern anthropological theory to a fundamental distinction and its post-wall Berlin case study, 1989-2001
- Spain and the European Union: A tool for democratic consolidation?
- Germany between Mitteleuropa and the West? Continuity and change in German security policy during the Kohl era
- What caused and what was done to solve the housing crisis in Berlin that came to a head at the end of the First World War? How successful were the efforts?
- Riding a tiger: The Italian Socialist party and the cost of living protests of June and July 1919
- Habermas and democracy: An investigation of Habermas' democratic theory
- Emilia Romagna: A region between local success and global pressure
- Citizen participation in urban development: 'Grassroots democracy' or a 'means to an end'?
- Nazi foreign policy and the decision for war in September 1939
- History in the GDR: The Humboldt University of Berlin and the reform of the university history teaching profession, 1945-69
- Boundaries of nations and class: An analysis of the Italian perception of the Yugoslavs in Trieste in 1945, interpreted through the first-hand account in Primavera a Trieste
- From Hitler to Haider: The politics of Austrian history and memory since 1945
- The changing relationship between the European Commission and the European Parliament. Is the EU moving towards a parliamentary democracy?
- The coercive power of 'undergangsangst': Denmark's response to the rise of Germany in the era of Conservative government, 1864-1901
- The EU and the regions. A case study: vocational training in Tuscany
- Existentialism and Marxism: To what extent does Sartre's political outlook adhere to his earlier philosophy?
- The development of winter sports resorts in the French Alps: Conflicts between construction and conservation
- The EMU's response to the fiscal dilemma: Is it likely to prove more of a threat rather than an aid to economic stability?
- Reproductive rights and the disabled: Who has the right to decide? Focusing on Eugenics in Sweden
- Dealing with a rigid and strictly protected labour market: Policy options and choices in Spain during the 1990s
- The state as a legitimate parent: An exploration of the difficulties encountered by the liberal state in justifying the action affecting the child
- Cinema as a political vehicle: Childhood in Spanish cinema as an effective instrument for the transmission of ideological messages
- Trial within a reasonable time: The recent reforms of the Italian Justice system in response to the conflict with Article 6 (1) ECH
|Dissertations of Finalists 2001
The Social Transformation of the Cologne Carnival
The Reactions of the Noble Foubourg to the Dandy Count Robert de Montesquieu: a case-study of modernity in the fin-de-siècle
La Retirada: Solidarity or Contempt in Roussillon?
Urban Regeneration in Second Empire France: Haussmannisation and the projet Vaïsse in Lyon
Did Reunification Promote or Hinder Germany's Integration in the EU?
Vive La France? Grenoble's Bourgeoisie Response to the Outbreak of the First World War*
How is the Situation of Spanish Women in the 1940's and 1950's Reflected through the Novels of Carmen Martin Gaite?
A Split Identity: The Italian Communist Party between Communism and Social Democracy
The Swedish Welfare State - Is the Model Image Warranted? The Case Study of the Vardnadsbidrag
Revealing the lived female Body - a Feminist Exploration of Gender Identity Illustrated by the Self-writings of Simone de Beauvoir and Anaïs Nin
Women on Maternity Strike? Family, Egalitarianism and Problems of Supply
The Question of EU Enlargement: A Problem or an Opportunity for Spain?
What were the Most Important Factors in determining the Success of the Spanish Transition to Democracy?
Pacs, Marriage and Neutrality of the State
France and the Enlargement of the European Union
Political Unity in 1960's France: How far did Guallism confuse traditional left and right-wing foreign policy reforms?
To what extent does Entre Tinieblas break away from the ideology of Dios of the Franco regime
Left-Wing Terrorism in Italy in the 1970's : Why, in the initial stages of left-wing terrorism, was public tolerance so high and popular revulsion so low?
How Housing Development in Rome was Used by the Facists to Achieve Consensus and Social Control
From the Partito Comunista Italiano to the Democratici di Sinistra: a "Peculiar" Transition to Social Democracy
The Performance of the Spanish Economy and its Implications for the Regions: A Case of Convergence or Divergence?
Is there an Adequate Theory of Equality that Incorporates the Idea of Respect with Regard to Social Exclusion?
Discuss Dutchbat's failure in Srebrenica by classifying prominent critiques
Will the Euro Seriously Challenge the Hegemony of the Dollar as the International Currency Par Excellence?
The "Silence" of Pius XII and the Roman Jews
Does "Die Neue Mitte" Make a Valid Claim To Change? Looking at the Process of Programmatic Factional and Organisational Change in the German Social Democratic Party in Comparitive Perspective
Describe the ways in which Regional Policy has Aided the Mezzogiorno, with Particular Reference to the Region of Molise
Anarchism in the Context of Transnational Civil Movements : The Free Workers' Union in Germany
Pooling National Sovereignty in the Schengen Acquis: France and the Rational Choice in Justice and Home Affairs During the Post-Amsterdam Period
Francois Mitterand and German Unification
To What Extent can the Growing Popularity of the FPÖ since 1986 be Assigned to a Rejection of the EU?
Wedding Trousseaux in Late Nineteenth Century France
|Dissertations of Finalists 2000
- The Railway in The Natural Landscape
- Media Policy in Italy: Justifying State Control of Television Broadcasting
- The Effect of the Vlaams Blok on Communal Tensions in Belgium
- Basque Identity and Integration Within the Spanish Peninsula
- The Body: A Mirror of Society
- The French Communist Party and the Soviet Model of Communism
- Developments in Gender Issues in Sport: New Mountain Sports
- Mass Unemployment in France: An Unfortunate Consequence or a Political Choice?
- The Impact of the Euro on Enterprises Operating in Italy
- The Northern League: The Construction of the 'Enemy' and its Changing Faces
- The Guggenheim Museum Bilbao: The Beauty or the Beast of Bilbao?
- Are Trade Unions Still Beneficial to German Workers?
- The Front National in Provence - Alpes - Cote D'Azur
- The Changing Status of Women in Spain from 1960 - 1990
- The European Context of Illegal Substance Use and Abuse
- The Third Article of the Italian Constitution and the Idea of Equality
- Why does the Liberation of Women in Italy in the 1970's Happen for the most part Outside the General Political Debate?
- The Transformation of East Germany from a Socialist to a Market Economy: The Case of Berlin
- The Social Effects of the Post-war Economic Reconstruction on Italy and More Particularly in Milan
- Norwegian Sovereignty and National Security in an Integrated Europe
- The Spanish Transition: a Model?
- Why and How is the Lega Nord Inventing Padania?
- Illustrating Problems of Citizenship. The German Dual Citizenship Debate - An Example of Equal Citizenship?
- Surviving the Memories - How Italian Jews Confronted Their Memories of the Holocaust
- The Impacts of Wind in the French Mediterranean
- Urban Regeneration in Western Europe. Case Study: Naples
- What Implications does Kant's Moral Theory and Conception of a Person Carry for Modern Egalitarian Theories?
- Football Support and the Shaping of Cultural Identity in Marseilles
- Are There Only Benefits to Central Bank Independence? Lessons from the American Federal Reserve System and the German Bundesbank for the European Central Bank
- Towards a More Coherent Liberal Attitude to Personal Relationships:Lessons to be Learnt from the Pacte Civil De Solidarité
- Compulsory Military Service: Conscientious Objection, State Authority and Individual Conscience, and Moral Obligations to Serve One's Country
- A Case Study of Gardermoen Airport, Oslo
- Competing Narratives of Weimar Germany - The Relativist Dilemma