Before term starts
- Study the Course Selection Guidelines
- Enter your course selections on the Course Selection Form (link to follow) and email to Andrew King by Friday 5th September.
- Refer to the FAQ section.
- Refer to the Moodle ESPS Administration for Students page at https://moodle.ucl.ac.uk/ as soon as you have your UCL User ID and password (obtain these pre-arrival via the Online User Registration Service).
- Complete pre-enrolment. You will receive an email from UCL in early September inviting you to pre-enrol. Once you have pre-enrolled you will receive an email confirming your enrolment appointment at the Student Centre where you will complete enrolment.
- International (non-UK) students should attend the International Students' Orientation Programme.
- Familiarise yourself with the Bloomsbury Campus Map and the UCL Campus Route Finder.
There are a number of welcome meetings, individual appointments, talks and parties to attend.
- Attend the First Year Welcome Meeting at 10:00 on Monday 22 September in Anatomy G04.
- Attend your individual appointment with an ESPS tutor on Monday 22 September.
- Complete enrolment at the Student Centre, having first pre-enrolled.
- Attend the preliminary meeting of the core module ESPS1001 on Wednesday 24 September at 14:00 in Pearson (NE entrance) G22.
- Attend the Welcome Talks on Wednesday 24 September at 14:30, in Pearson (NE entrance G22. This will include talks from UCL's Voluntary Service Unit, UCL's Careers Service, the European Society, students in other year groups and ESPS graduates. This is also where you will meet your mentor - an experienced ESPS student.
- Enjoy yourself at the joint ESPS and Philosophy Department party on Wednesday 24 September at 17:30 on the Portico Steps in the Front Quad. This is where new and returning students first get to know one another.
- Find out about the 'Transition at UCL' programme, which the University offers in addition to your personal tutor. This is a student-led support network to help new students adjust to university and overcome initial challenges and anxieties in consultation with their peers.
- Get connected and visit ISD's pages on IT essentials for new students. Take advantage of the half-hourly presentations to find out about the IT services available to you at UCL.
- Join an ESPS Library tour with Rachel Nelligan on Thursday 25 September at: 16:00-16:30 (surnames A-H), 16:30 - 17:00 (surnames I-P), 17:00 - 17:30 (Q-Z). Meet by the statue in the Main Library (the Flaxman Gallery).
- Attend welcome meetings and registration sessions in the departments of your chosen modules. You will visit the departments of your chosen subjects to familiarise yourself with their locations and to find out where the teaching will take place and if there is a reading list or other set of instructions to be noted before teaching begins. Remember to check your obligations with the departments of your chosen subjects.
- Register your modules on Portico. In the event of any problems contact Andrew King with the course codes, not course titles.
- Check that your timetable is clash-free using the UCL Common Timetable.