Before term starts
- Study the Course Selection Guidelines.
- Enter your course selections on the Course Selection Form and email to Andrew King by Monday 11th September. Selections are provisional and subject to approval by the relevant teaching departments.
- Refer to the FAQ section.
- Refer to the Moodle ESPS Student Handbook as soon as you have your UCL User ID and password (obtain these pre-arrival via the Online User Registration Service).
- Complete pre-enrolment. You will receive an email from UCL in early September inviting you to pre-enrol. Once you have pre-enrolled you will receive an email confirming your enrolment appointment at the Student Centre where you will complete enrolment.
- International (non-UK) students should attend the International Students' Orientation Programme.
- Familiarise yourself with the Bloomsbury Campus Map.
There are a number of welcome meetings, individual appointments, talks and parties to attend.
- Attend the First Year Welcome Meeting at 10:00 on Monday 25th September in Roberts 309.
- Attend your individual appointment (tbc) with an ESPS tutor on Monday 25th September.
- Attend the preliminary meeting of the core module ESPS1001 on Wednesday 27th September at 14:00 in Anatomy G29.
- Attend the Welcome Talks on Wednesday 27th September at 14:30 in Anatomy G29. This will include talks from UCL's Voluntary Service Unit, UCL's Careers Service, the European Society, students in other year groups and ESPS graduates. This is also where you will meet your mentor - an experienced ESPS student.
- Enjoy yourself at the joint ESPS and Philosophy Department party on Wednesday 27th September at 17:30 on the Portico Steps in the Front Quad. This is where new and returning students first get to know one another.
- Find out about the 'Transition at UCL' programme, which the University offers in addition to your personal tutor. This is a student-led support network to help new students adjust to university and overcome initial challenges and anxieties in consultation with their peers.
- Get connected and visit ISD's pages on IT essentials for new students. Take advantage of the half-hourly presentations (tbc) to find out about the IT services available to you at UCL. The local IT for Humanities team will also be providing monthly IT Support Drop In sessions (tbc).
- Complete enrolment at the Student Centre, having first pre-enrolled.
- On Thursday 28th September attend a Writing Lab tutorial in IoE John Adams Hall G25 (10:00-11:00) or Gordon Square (25) 107 (11:00-12:00). (Groups tbc.)
- Join an ESPS Library tour on Thursday 28th September at: 14:30-15:00, 15:00-15:30, 15:30-16:00, 16:00-16:30, 16:30-17:00, 17:00-17:30. (Groups tbc.) Meet in the North Cloisters (library entrance end of the cloisters).
- Attend welcome meetings and registration sessions (tbc) in the departments of your chosen modules. You will visit the departments of your chosen subjects to familiarise yourself with their locations and to find out where the teaching will take place and if there is a reading list or other set of instructions to be noted before teaching begins. Remember to check your obligations with the departments of your chosen subjects.
- Register your modules on Portico, if you haven't already done so. In the event of any problems contact Andrew King with the course codes, not course titles.
- Check that your timetable is clash-free using the UCL Common Timetable.
Summary of the week's events (tbc).