Before term starts
- Visit the Moodle ESPS Administration for Students site, which sets out all of the information related to your programme of study.
- Refer to the detailed instructions for module selection and programme requirements and the instructions for using the UCL Common Timetable. You will find both sets of instructions on the above mentioned Moodle site.
- If you need to change modules after you have submitted them on Portico, contact Andrew King with the course codes, not course titles.
- Familiarise yourself with our People page and the Liaison Tutors in other departments listed on Moodle.
Attendance at the following academic meetings is compulsory:
- ESPS Final Year Welcome Meeting on Tuesday 24 September at 10:00 in Darwin B05.
- Preliminary meeting for the core module ESPS9001 Dissertation on Tuesday 24 September at 10:45 in Darwin B05.
- Your Personal Tutor will be available immediately after this meeting unless specified otherwise in the timetable below.
- Welcome meetings and registration times in the departments of your chosen modules. You will visit the departments of your chosen subjects to find out where the teaching will take place and if there is a reading list or other set of instructions to be noted before teaching begins. Remember to check your obligations with the departments of your chosen subjects.
You are encouraged to attend the following non-academic meetings:
- The joint ESPS and Philosophy Department Party on Wednesday 25 September at 16:30 on the Portico Steps in the Front Quad. We hope to see as many returning students there as possible - this party is for all year groups.
- Welcome Talks for all year groups. In addition to your year group's welcome meeting, an ESPS Welcome for all year groups will be held on Wednesday 25 September at 14:30 in Roberts G08, David Davies LT. This will include talks from UCL's Voluntary Service Unit, UCL Careers Service, the European Society, students in other year groups and ESPS graduates.
Summary of the week's events.