- Study Here
- My Department
Thinking of studying earth sciences?
A new study lead by Prof Julienne Stroeve says year-to-year forecasts of the Arctic’s summer ice extent are not yet reliable.
Alumni and Careers
Options open to an Earth Sciences graduate include:
- joining an Earth Sciences-related company
- graduate taught degree programme (usually Masters or Diploma level courses)
- graduate research (PhD; specific research programme)
- employment in a non-Earth Sciences field
- obtain further qualifications or training (e.g. post-graduate certificate of education)
Visit our Careers with an Earth Sciences Degree pages for details.
The Earth Sciences Alumni Careers Event takes place yearly, usually in February . The event is always well received and attended. The participants have the opportunity to hear from a panel of our alumni, ask questions and network with them.