News from the Earth Sciences
- Seasonal Arctic summer ice extent still hard to forecast.
- First animals oxygenated Earth's oceans
- Arctic Research
- Friedrich Wilhelm Bessel Research Award
- Jacqueline McGlade appointed UNEP Chief Scientist
- Dr Dominic Papineau joins our department.
- Arctic Summer Ice Melt
- PhD Topics 2014
- Careers Forum 30 January 2014
- 26Al/10Be Dating
- NERC Student Photography Competition
- Evolutionary Mechanics
- A most unusual history of an iron meteorite.
- Iron in the Earth’s core weakens before melting.
- The Charles Schuchert Award
Thinking of studying earth sciences?
A new study lead by Prof Julienne Stroeve says year-to-year forecasts of the Arctic’s summer ice extent are not yet reliable.