News from the Earth Sciences
- Friedrich Wilhelm Bessel Research Award
- Jacqueline McGlade appointed UNEP Chief Scientist
- Dr Dominic Papineau joins our department.
- Arctic Summer Ice Melt
- PhD Topics 2014
- Careers Forum 30 January 2014
- 26Al/10Be Dating
- NERC Student Photography Competition
- Evolutionary Mechanics
- A most unusual history of an iron meteorite.
- Iron in the Earth’s core weakens before melting.
- The Charles Schuchert Award
- 2013 Promotions
- Understanding the D'' region
- Microfossils Reveal New Biomineralization Styles.
Thinking of studying earth sciences?
PhD Topics 2014
14 January 2014
We are now accepting applications for the 2014 PhD intake through the London NERC Doctoral Training Partnership (DTP). This partnership brings together nine of the world’s leading research centres in environmental science.
The NERC London DTP program adopted an integrated approach to training environmental scientists in ways that cross the boundaries between established disciplines and will train 120 new environmental scientists over the next five years. As well as advanced research training students will receive training in the essential professional and transferable skills needed in today’s society. The deadline for submission of applications is 9.00am Monday 17th February 2014.
In total the Partnership is offering up to 34 fully funded PhD studentships in the following research themes:
- Biodiversity, Evolution and Ecology;
- Earth Dynamics;
- Environmental Pollution;
- Natural and Biological Hazards;
- Past Life and Environments;
- and the multi-disciplinary Earth-Life System Integration;
Earth Sciences Current topics - full list of projects offered by our department.
The London NERC Doctoral Training Partnership - information about the programme structure and application procedure.