News from the Earth Sciences
- Evolutionary Mechanics
- A most unusual history of an iron meteorite.
- Iron in the Earth’s core weakens before melting.
- The Charles Schuchert Award
- 2013 Promotions
- Understanding the D'' region
- Microfossils Reveal New Biomineralization Styles.
- Rock Room Exhibition
- PhD Studentship
- Planetary Geology: An Introduction
- Dr Katharine Giles - An Appreciation.
Thinking of studying earth sciences?
29 July 2013
Graham Shields was promoted to Professor of Geology.
Congratulations to Graham on his senior level promotion to Professor of Geology. Graham's research interests lie in: Geochemistry, Neoproterozoic and Cambrian geology, and Earth system evolution. He
currently serves as the chair of the Cryogenian Sub-commission of the International Commission on Stratigraphy. Profile.