News from the Earth Sciences
- Evolutionary Mechanics
- A most unusual history of an iron meteorite.
- Iron in the Earth’s core weakens before melting.
- The Charles Schuchert Award
- 2013 Promotions
- Understanding the D'' region
- Microfossils Reveal New Biomineralization Styles.
- Rock Room Exhibition
- PhD Studentship
- Planetary Geology: An Introduction
- Dr Katharine Giles - An Appreciation.
Thinking of studying earth sciences?
Rock Room Exhibition
29 May 2013
This Friday, May 31st, the Rock Room will play host to a special one off pop-up exhibition staged by the Graduate Sculpture students from the Slade School of Fine Art.
'Habits, cleavages and fractures' will feature the artists own work alongside the permanent displays and Geological Collections. The artists have been given free reign to produce work inspired by the Rock Room and UCL’s Geology Collections, and display it as they wish within the museum.
Staff, students and members of the public are encouraged to visit the Rock Room from between 1-5 to view the works and meet some of the artists involved. From 4 -5 the room will host a special discussion between the artists and members of UCL staff, drawing upon the space, collections and art works.