Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions constitute a legally binding agreement between UCL Innovation and Enterprise and the individual registering.
N.B. The term “event” refers to conferences/events/courses and workshops.
Payment and Confirmation of Booking
Please note that there are two steps to the registration process:
- If the event requires registering details on Eventbrite, please ensure you provide all the necessary information. Other events may require you to complete an application form, plus supporting documentation. Please follow instructions as required for each individual event.
- a) An e-mail confirmation will be sent to the applicant once an Eventbrite booking has been received or an application submitted.
b) If payment is required for an event, please follow the instructions regarding payment for that specific event.
- If an e-mail confirmation has not been received after completing the registration process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or the contact person for that specific event.
- Final details will be sent up to seven working days prior to the event, please contact email@example.com if you do not receive event details.
- UCL Innovation and Enterprise cannot be held responsible for the non-arrival of event information.
Cancellations and Refunds
- All cancellations and refund requests must be made in writing 3 full working days (Monday – Friday) prior to the start of the event to firstname.lastname@example.org or to the contact person for that specific event.
- If the above notification period is not given, or in the event of non-attendance, then the following cancellation fee applies: £25 for a half-day workshop or £50 for 1 or more days - whatever the reason
- During the event, please ensure that your attendance is noted each day to avoid being charged the cancellation fee (see below), normally by signing an attendance sheet at registration.
- Illness: in the event of non-attendance due to illness, a doctor’s certificate must be provided otherwise the full cancellation fee will be charged.
- Individuals who withdraw after the start of an event will still be liable for the cancellation fee as outlined above.
- Cancellation and Non-attendance for paid events: an individual who has registered for an event who doesn’t either:a) provide the required 3 working days notice, orb) fails to attend,will be charged the full course fee, in addition to the cancellation fee as above. This is due to administrative, speaker and catering costs incurred by the department and your place could have been allocated to another individual.
- Attendees are welcome to send a substitute without incurring a charge, provided UCL Innovation and Enterprise is notified in writing (email@example.com or the event contact person) 3 full working days prior to the event.
- Due to unforeseen circumstances, UCL Innovation and Enterprise reserves the right to cancel or re-schedule an event. In the unlikely event of cancellations, UCL Innovation and Enterprise will refund the full amount of the registration fee (if applicable). However personal expenses incurred by the attendee are non-refundable by UCL Innovation and Enterprise.
- UCL Innovation and Enterprise reserves the right to make changes to the programme, location and/or speakers without prior notice. Such alterations are occasionally necessary due to circumstances beyond our control.
- UCL Staff - When applying for a course, UCL staff may be asked to provide an account code before the booking is confirmed. The cancellation fee will be automatically charged (according to the above) to your department if UCL Innovation and Enterprise is not notified that you are unable to attend the course at least three working days prior to the event.
- UCL Students - UCL students wishing to attend will be personally liable for the cancellation. UCL Innovation and Enterprise will contact them directly. As with all monies owed to UCL, unpaid fees may lead to delays in receiving your degree.
- Externals - External businesses/individuals will be contacted directly for payment details if they don’t comply with the cancellation policy.
- Views expressed by speakers are their own. UCL Innovation and Enterprise disclaim any liability for advice given, or views expressed, by any speaker at the event or in any documentation provided by delegates.
Filming and Photography
- Please note that for teaching and promotional purposes there may be a professional photographer and video production taking place during the event.
Delegate Access and Dietary Requirements
- UCL Innovation and Enterprise makes every effort that their events are accessible and enjoyable for all attendees and we will always provide a vegetarian option if refreshments are supplied.
- If you have any dietary or specific requirements please inform firstname.lastname@example.org or the event contact person at the time of booking.
The registration information provided will be held on UCL databases. You may be contacted about other UCL Innovation and Enterprise or UCL activities in the future. By submitting this information you agree that your details may be used for this purpose. Your details will not be passed on to any third parties.