UCL has been shortlisted for the Times Higher Education Entrepreneurial University of the Year Award.
The Award, which is sponsored by the National Centre for Entrepreneurship Education, seeks to recognise an institution which has developed an unparalleled environment for fostering enterprise throughout its staff and students and delivered significant impact in its local community, across the UK and overseas.
- About »
- Media Room
- For Business »
- For Students
- For Staff
From Ideas to Opportunities: Social Enterprise
Publication date: Oct 25, 2012 10:09:06 AM
Nov 19, 2012 5:30:00 PM
End: Nov 19, 2012 7:30:00 PM
UCLB invites you to a unique event that will feature a diversity of perspectives on social enterprise including established social ventures, funding organisations that support innovative social entrepreneurs, as well as initiatives from UCL academic staff.
Do not miss this opportunity to learn more about:
- Turning your idea into a product or service that can create positive social impact in society
- Funding opportunities for social enterprise
- The challenges for academic entrepreneurs
- How UCL Business can help you
Guest speakers include:
- Katie Hill, Social Investment Advisor, City of London Corporation
- Prof Muki Haklay, Professor of Geographic Information Science at UCL and co-founder of Mapping for Change
- Dr Mohammad Al-Ubaydli, CEO, Patients Know Best
- Kieron Kirkland, Development Researcher, Nominet Trust