Every Thursday evening (from 8th Oct), 17:15 to 18:15
Come and hear exciting talks from expert entrepreneurs and investors at the Entrepreneurship Guest Lectures series.
What’s life like as an entrepreneur? Find out about the highs and lows of the entrepreneurial journey from our inspirational guest speakers, all leading figures in entrepreneurship and investment.
Effective Self-Management Training
Publication date: Oct 16, 2013 08:24 AM
Oct 23, 2013 09:00 AM
End: Oct 25, 2013 05:00 PM
3-day CPD Accredited Effective Self-Management Training for Small Businesses, Entrepreneurs, UCL Staff, Alumni and Post-graduate Students
*** UCL Students - Please contact Fiona Bell (email@example.com) to get your Event Discount Code, BEFORE booking ***
Learn how to manage, lead, communicate and interact more effectively with this intensive 3-day workshop:
- Overview of Managing and Leading Teams
- Effective Communication Skills including
- Conflict Management approaches
- Having Difficult conversations
- Decision Making
- Time and Stress Management
Who will benefit?
- Professional roles within business or education
- Research roles or postgraduate students who would like to pursue a management development career pathway (newly appointed or soon to be)
- Anyone who needs to influence, collaborate and persuade others without legitimate power of authority
What delegates will learn?
- Recognise the qualities of successful leadership and management
- Recognise and understand different management styles and their impact
- Be able to differentiate between Leadership and Management skills
- Recognise the need for task and people balance within Team leadership
- How to respond professionally to difficult behaviour
- Transactional analysis theory and principles
- How to give and receive feedback from colleagues.
- Techniques for Managing Conflict
- How to have difficult conversations with colleagues/customers and staff
- A range of resources and tools for decision making
- Recognise time traps and time robbers
- How to prioritise and schedule work appropriately
- Recognise potential sources of stress & stress reactions
- The value of developing stress resistance resources