Dr Celia Caulcott has been appointed the next Vice-Provost (Enterprise) at UCL, with effect from 1 October 2015.
The Office of the Vice-Provost (Enterprise) is responsible for delivering UCL’s Enterprise agenda with the greatest economic and societal impact. Vice-Provosts are members of the Provost's senior management team.
Effective Self-Management Training
Publication date: Oct 16, 2013 08:24 AM
Oct 23, 2013 09:00 AM
End: Oct 25, 2013 05:00 PM
3-day CPD Accredited Effective Self-Management Training for Small Businesses, Entrepreneurs, UCL Staff, Alumni and Post-graduate Students
*** UCL Students - Please contact Fiona Bell (firstname.lastname@example.org) to get your Event Discount Code, BEFORE booking ***
Learn how to manage, lead, communicate and interact more effectively with this intensive 3-day workshop:
- Overview of Managing and Leading Teams
- Effective Communication Skills including
- Conflict Management approaches
- Having Difficult conversations
- Decision Making
- Time and Stress Management
Who will benefit?
- Professional roles within business or education
- Research roles or postgraduate students who would like to pursue a management development career pathway (newly appointed or soon to be)
- Anyone who needs to influence, collaborate and persuade others without legitimate power of authority
What delegates will learn?
- Recognise the qualities of successful leadership and management
- Recognise and understand different management styles and their impact
- Be able to differentiate between Leadership and Management skills
- Recognise the need for task and people balance within Team leadership
- How to respond professionally to difficult behaviour
- Transactional analysis theory and principles
- How to give and receive feedback from colleagues.
- Techniques for Managing Conflict
- How to have difficult conversations with colleagues/customers and staff
- A range of resources and tools for decision making
- Recognise time traps and time robbers
- How to prioritise and schedule work appropriately
- Recognise potential sources of stress & stress reactions
- The value of developing stress resistance resources