UCL Distance Learning & Life Learning Forum
Publication date: Nov 22, 2013 02:42 PM
Jul 16, 2014 02:00 PM
End: Jul 16, 2014 07:00 PM
We hope you can join us for an opportunity to hear on all things related to distance learning, CPD, short courses, life learning, MOOCs, Apps and everything else in this area.
Colleagues will be sharing the latest technical developments, developmental thinking, course creation stories and champions encouraging or coordinating their areas of UCL. The aim of the Forum is to share and discover from one another as we venture into new or less-trodden paths.
This year we hope to share with you a selection of the most interesting, novel and developmental parts of UCL which are active in this area. This is a great opportunity to meet people who share similar activities to you from across UCL, to network and discover recent developments.
Register for the UCL Distance Learning & Life Learning Forum
The event will be split into two parts:
- Presentations & discussions
- Networking, demos & refreshments.
Location: Gustav Tuck Lecture Theatre, Wilkins Building 14:00 – 17:00
Theme: Presentations and discussion, split into four themes:
- What's happening now
- Horizon scanning
- Fully online courses - real experiences
- Developmental challenges
These four areas will contain two-three talks, each lasting 10 minutes from colleagues across the university. Each talk will offer plenty of time to submit and ask questions so you can hear about activities across UCL, learn from colleagues and question areas that need expansion.
Location: North Cloisters, North Cloisters 17:00 – 19:00-ish
Theme: Networking, hands-on demos and refreshments
Talking to colleagues can be the most powerful way to feel more informed, discover who is experimenting with new things and to be an active part of a community. We hope you’ll join us after the presentations and discussions for networking with like-minded people. We’ll be taking over the North Cloisters and will have a selection of refreshments, demos of UCLeXtend and the Life Learning website, colleagues to chat to/learn from and most importantly, yourself.
- If you’re unable to attend the whole event, please come and join us at any point (part one or part two!).
- We’ll circulate timings nearer the event (and will try to stick to them).
- All sessions will be broadcast live online – please register for the link / remote attendance.
- We’ll record everything up until we open the first refreshment, then all cameras are off. Videos, slides etc. will be shared after the event.