We’re excited to share the news with you that i-sense, UCL Enterprise and the London Centre for Nanotechnology have launched the Rosalind Franklin Appathon- a national app competition to empower and recognise women as leaders in STEMM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Maths and Medicine).
- About »
- Media Room
- For Business
- For Students
- For Staff
Celebrating collaboration between UCL and industry
Publication date: Aug 29, 2013 02:28 PM
Oct 07, 2013 05:00 PM
End: Oct 07, 2013 08:00 PM
Location: Torrington Place, London Borough of Camden, England, WC1E 6BT GB
Please join us to celebrate the efforts and accomplishments co-funded by the EPSRC’s Collaborative Training Account.
The CTA ended on 30 June 2013 and we are taking this opportunity to highlight the many successes that this grant has made possible by stimulating the collaboration between industry and UCL.
Presentations will be followed by a reception, which will provide an opportunity to meet the speakers, as well as many other innovators, and to find out more about their work.
17:00-17:30 Registration and drinks
- Introduction - Professor Stephen Caddick, Vice-Provost (Enterprise)
- Small fibres, big potential - Professor Mohan Edirisinghe, Department of Mechanical Engineering
- An energy revolution: EIL helping to bring hydrogen-based energy to market - Dr Dan Brett, Department of Chemical Engineering
- Water, water everywhere, nor any a drop to drink? - Dr Willy Burgess, Department of Earth Sciences
- CHIRP Demonstration - Patrick Bergel, CEO Chirp.io
- Closing remarks - Tim Barnes, Director UCL Advances & Enterprise Operations
18:45-20:00 Interactive displays, networking and drinks reception