UCL Innovation and Enterprise Knowledge Exchange and Innovation Fund
20 February 2017
Applicants from all UCL academic and professional service departments are invited to bid for funding from UCL Innovation and Enterprise’s Knowledge Exchange and Innovation Fund.
The deadline for the latest Call for Proposals is 9am on Monday May 15, with a provisional date of June 12 for the earliest start of projects.
The aim of the fund is to stimulate
innovation at UCL by supporting impact and knowledge exchange activities
aligned with the core themes of UCL’s strategy (UCL 2034).
A successor to the Proof of Concept Fund and Knowledge Exchange Champions, the scheme has been designed to support the breadth of Knowledge Exchange and innovation activity across UCL arising from research from any discipline.
Applicants are encouraged to identify specific, focused and relevant knowledge exchange activities they would like to support during 2016-17. Knowledge Exchange in all its forms can be supported, including for example:
- the creation and development of relationships with external partners to maximise impact.
- setting up commercial ventures or social enterprises informed by UCL research.
- providing professional development courses, running events or competitions with a KE focus, plus training programmes to develop impact skills.
- influencing public policy (for example through secondments).
- applications with a social or health innovation focus are also welcome.
In addition, funding can be used to facilitate the commercialisation of UCL research. Pre-commercialisation awards are expected to support projects arising from research and teaching at UCL that have or can demonstrate an ultimate commercial end point that is likely to make economic or societal impact with which UCL will be associated.
The maximum value of individual pre-commercialisation projects will be £30k and £15k for other KE projects.
- Find out more about the UCL Innovation and Enterprise Knowledge Exchange and Innovation FundA UCL login is required to access this part of the site