This innovative 'Future Cities Centre' innovation partnership between Cisco, UCL and Imperial will focus on London's Shoreditch, where businesses, academics and start-ups can openly collaborate. The Cisco collaboration space will be part of London's emerging 'Tech City' , which is the fastest growing technology cluster in Europe, and will seek to bring a world-leading research presence and collaborative working to the emerging Tech City ecosystem.
The Future Cities Centre will focus on the thematic areas of Future Cities and Mobility, Smart Energy Systems, the Internet of Things and Business Model Innovation. It will form a major node of Cisco’s National Virtual Incubator, which is a sustainable public technology network that promises to stimulate entrepreneurship by connecting physical sites through IT infrastructure.
Cisco, DC Thomson and UCL Innovation Centre in Shoreditch:
Prime Minister David Cameron today announced IDEALondon in London’s Tech City, an innovation ‘hot-house’ established by UCL and partners Cisco and DC Thomson as the Innovation and Digital Enterprise Alliance (IDEA).
UCL and Cisco are also building a programme of innovative and high-value US student internships:
The 2013-2014 UCL-Cisco Visiting Speaker Programme features Cisco CTOs, Fellows and Distinguished Engineers. Please contact Tim Bodley-Scott, UCL Engineering, for further details about the programme.
News & Press Releases
- UCL Advances offers boost to technology start-ups at IDEALondon
- Mildner Lecture 2014: Internet of Things lecture and Cisco Prize awarded by John Manville
- New 2 year MSc with a year in industry: Exclusive internships at Cisco Systems in California
- Cisco Named UCL Enterprise Corporate Partner of the Year 2013 (Video)
- Prime Minister Announces Cisco, DC Thomson and UCL Innovation Centre in the heart of Shoreditch
- Partnership with Cisco & Imperial in Tech City
- Imperial & UCL to Open Future Cities Centre