This innovative 'Future Cities Centre' innovation partnership between Cisco, UCL and Imperial focuses on London's Shoreditch, where businesses, academics and start-ups can openly collaborate. The Cisco collaboration space is part of London's emerging 'Tech City' , the fastest growing technology cluster in Europe, and seeks to bring a world-leading research presence and collaborative working to the emerging Tech City ecosystem.
The Future Cities Centre is focused on the thematic areas of Future Cities and Mobility, Smart Energy Systems, the Internet of Things and Business Model Innovation. It forms a major node of Cisco’s National Virtual Incubator, which is a sustainable public technology network that promises to stimulate entrepreneurship by connecting physical sites through IT infrastructure.
Cisco, DC Thomson and UCL Innovation Centre in Shoreditch:
In December 2012, Prime Minister David Cameron announced IDEALondon in London’s Tech City, an innovation ‘hot-house’ established by UCL and partners Cisco and DC Thomson as the Innovation and Digital Enterprise Alliance (IDEA).
UCL and Cisco are also building a programme of innovative and high-value US student internships:
The 2013-2014 UCL-Cisco Visiting Speaker Programme features Cisco CTOs, Fellows and Distinguished Engineers. To date there have been 39 interns and 6 visiting speakers.
Please contact Tim Bodley-Scott, UCL Engineering, for further details about the programme.
News & Press Releases
- UCL Advances offers boost to technology start-ups at IDEALondon
- Mildner Lecture 2014: Internet of Things lecture and Cisco Prize awarded by John Manville
- The Story of IDEALondon
- New 2 year MSc with a year in industry: Exclusive internships at Cisco Systems in California
- Cisco Named UCL Enterprise Corporate Partner of the Year 2013 (Video)
- Prime Minister Announces Cisco, DC Thomson and UCL Innovation Centre in the heart of Shoreditch
- Partnership with Cisco & Imperial in Tech City
- Imperial & UCL to Open Future Cities Centre