Summer School in English Corpus Linguistics 2013
We ran a three-day summer school in English Corpus Linguistics from Tuesday 27 August – Thursday 29 August 2013.
The course was highly successful, and we have had extremely positive feedback from those who attended. We are considering running the Summer School in 2014 (dates tbc). If you would be interested in attending, you can email the Survey at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Aims and objectives of the course
- The Summer School was a primer in Corpus Linguistics for students of the English language. It was designed to be both accessible and inspiring!
- Attendees were taught by world-class researchers at the Survey of English Usage, UCL.
- Students are expected to have a basic knowledge of English linguistics and grammar.
- It took place in the English Department of University College London, in the heart of Central London.
The course was scheduled to allow summer school students following the UCL Summer Course in English Phonetics (running from 12 - 23 August) to participate for a small additional charge.
The Summer School took place in Foster Court, University College London.
Other relevant information
- Accommodation options:
- Maps and how to find UCL
- Summer Course in English Phonetics
- Students in full-time education: free copy of either ICE-GB or DCPSE (Student Licence).
- All other registrants: 25% off the Individual Licence for either
Conditions: Each applicant for the course is entitled to one copy of one corpus and a licence in their name. You can pay in advance using the application form or payment can be accepted by sterling cheque or credit card at the Summer School. The corpus will be provided in person at the Summer School for your security. For licence terms and general ordering information see below.
This page last modified 3 September, 2013 by Survey Web Administrator.