Each year we conduct an anonymous 360 degree feedback questionnaire of our programme to allow our course members to give us their honest views of the course and allow us to tailor it to their needs as fully as possible. The following feedback was received from our course members in 2014
Ratings key: 1. = not at all satisfied (low rating) 5 = highly satisfied (high rating).
Total responses received: 33
1. Course member satisfaction with course content (Average satisfaction rating: 4.15/5 = 83%)
2. Course member satisfaction with support from their group (Average satisfaction rating: 4/5 = 80%)
3. Course member satisfaction with tutor support (Average satisfaction rating: 4.48/5 = 89.7%)
4. Course relevance to course members' personal and professional development needs (Average satisfaction rating: 4.51/5 = 90.3%)
5. Course relevance to course members' work as educational psychologists (Average satisfaction rating: 4.52/5 = 90.3%)
7. Some particular assets of the course cited by 2014 course members are:
"A real enjoyment of the process of discovery regarding issues concerning the theoretical and practical knowledge in the field - I feel my eyes have been opened to many issues, knowledge bases and ways of approaching my role as an EP." "Very well organised. All course content was relevant to both my practice and my studies - never once did I feel I was being asked or expected to do anything that was a waste of time." "High expectations; high level of support and flexibility; acknowledgement that sometimes life gets in the way." "Flexibility - my role in my organisation has changed since starting and it has not been a problem to adapt my assignments to my new role." "Accessibility of tutors and flexibility of working through the programme. Detailed written feedback." "The clear course structure, remote access/VLE provision, clear dates for tasks to be completed with the appropriate level of flexibility when needed." "Rigour."
8. Some personal improvement suggestions for the course cited by 2014 course members are:
"I can't think of anything that would be easy to implement but it would be useful to revisit some of the teaching elements later in the course when we know what we are doing - as happened with the Epistemology sessions" "Even more opportunities to share good practice." "Set up a 'research clinic' for people who have finished the course but are keen to keep a strong research focus in their work." "Provide a session on project management to support course members to carefully plan how they will achieve the course requirements."
9. Some positives/advantages of doing the CPD doctorate identified by 2014 course members are:
"Really refreshes and re-energises your work as an Educational Psychologist" "Very stimulating intellectually" "The doctorate is a great opportunity to develop your academic research and writing skills. It gives you a greater purpose in following up areas of professional interest. The group discussion sessions are valuable and they encourage you to think about subjects from different perspectives and to hear the experiences of EP colleagues around the country. This is particularly useful during periods of rapid change in the professional context." "You learn many things along the way that you would not otherwise learn. Your practice as a psychologist can improve. You think differently." "The flexibility of the tutors is extremely helpful. I have been able to do more work when I have had the time and resources and to take a break when I have needed to." "Motivating, challenging self-development." "Incredibly worthwhile and stimulating. It has made me feel more like a 'real' Psychologist!"
10. Some negatives/disadvantages of doing the CPD doctorate identified by 2014 course members are:
"Managing workload/timelines." "It takes time, energy and personal commitment (not necessarily a disadvantage). It can be very challenging." "The difficulty of managing study on top of work and the rest of life." "The distance to travel but that's my choice."
Site last modified 17th April 2015
Please contact the webmaster with any problems
Downloads and Events
Application to our next cohort - commencing in January 2016 - is now open. Please download our: