Instructions for visiting PhD students
Instructions for PhD students That Would Like to Visit UCL for a Short Period of Time
The Department of Economics at UCL is keen to host PhD students from other universities that would like to visit UCL for a short period of up to one term (i.e. less then 3 months). However, to manage our resources effectively, we need prospective visiting students to provide the following details:
- Proposed dates of visit.
- Reason for visit.
- UCL faculty member that would supervise them while here and details of any prior contact with them.
- Whether a desk space at UCL or IFS is preferred.
- Whether any funding is required.
- Letter of recommendation from their main advisor and a CV.
These materials should be submitted to the PhD administrator, Ms Daniella Fauvrelle, by the following times:
Proposed Term of Visit
First Term (October 1st – December 31st)
Second Term (January 1st – March 31st)
Third Term (April 1st – June 30th)
Summer Term (July 1st-September 31st)
Applicants will then be notified shortly after each deadline.All students applying to visit UCL for a term under the ENTER exchange programme should also follow these instructions
Instructions for PhD students That Would Like to Visit UCL for an Extended Period of Time
The Department of Economics at UCL is keen to host PhD students from other universities that would like to visit UCL for an extended period of time (i.e.3-12 months). However, to manage our resources effectively, we need prospective visiting students to comply with UCL regulations and complete the UCL visiting research application form.
Here is information on how to apply and application form:
When you apply, indicate prominently on page 1 of the application form
- The proposed start and end dates of your visit, and
- The name of the academic colleague in the department whom you would like to supervise your research. You'll find a list of our academic staff and their research interests here: http://www.ucl.ac.uk/economics/people/academic
You'll find our 2012-13 course list here:
Your completed application should be submitted to:
Admissions Office, University College London, Gower Street, London WC1E 6BT, UK.
Please email Daniella Fauvrelle, post graduate administrator when you have posted your application as this will enable her to track the progress of your application.