25 June 2014: 2013/14 Undergraduate Dissertations
19 June 2014: 2014 PGTA Awards
We were pleased to be able to hold an awards ceremony for our deserving TAs as we do not often show our appreciation for their hard work and immense contribution to teaching and learning in the department and we would like thank them all for their hard work and incredible effort; we are truly grateful for all that you do.
This year we had 13 awards and all recipients will receive £50. The new addition to the prize list for this year is a TA nominated award where TA’s can nominate for a peer who they believe has performed excellently in the teaching year. The other categories are as follows:
• Teaching on a 1st year UG module x 2
• Teaching on a 2nd year core and optional module x 2
• Teaching on a 3rd year UG module x 2
• Teaching on an MSc core module x 1
• Teaching on an MSc optional module x 1
• Teaching on an MRes module x 1
• New TA (first year teaching in our department) x 1
• Graduating TA (finishing PhD and taking up an academic post and/or no longer teaching)
• Overall TA (best feedback on teaching on multiple of programmes and/or overall performance)
• TA nominated prize – TAs nominate peers that have performed excellently over the teaching year
So, without further ado, I would like to announce this year’s winners... More...
4 June 2014: Christian Dustmann elected President of the European Association of Labour Economists
Christian Dustmann has been elected as the incoming President of the European Association of Labour Economists (EALE). For more information please see the European Association of Labour Economists website.