Types of programmes
The Institute offers a range of degree programmes. For full details you should please consult the specific programme pages. The below is intended only to provide a brief explanation of the different types of programmes available.
Part-time degree programmes
PG Cert / PG Dip / Paediatric Dentistry MSc / Restorative Dental Practice MSc
- These programmes are designed with a limited number of contact days per year, to allow students’ to study for a postgraduate degree whilst maintaining work commitments.
- Contact days are predominantly held at the Institute’s CPD facilities at 123 Gray’s Inn Road.
- Students can choose to exit the Paediatric Dentistry and Restorative Dental Practice MSc programmes at earlier intervals to qualify for either a PG Cert or PG Dip.
- Application deadlines are usually in or around spring of the year of entry, with programmes commencing in September/October.(Restorative Dental Practice MSc is an exception, with an application deadline usually in October, for a programme starting the following January.)
Full-time degree programmes
MSc / MClinDent / DDent
- Whilst some have part-time options, these programmes generally require a full-time study commitment in central London.
- The programmes are predominantly held at the Institute’s main facilities at Eastman Dental Hospital, 256 Gray’s Inn Road.
- Application deadlines are usually in January of the year of entry, with programmes commencing in September.
Endodontology / Orthodontics / Prosthodontics / Periodontology
- For UK/EU students only, in some cases in addition to and in some cases as a part of the respective MClinDent programmes, the Institute offers training to prepare students to sit the registration examinations for the relevant UK specialty lists.
- The structure, the content and the method of application for these programmes is specific to each specialty.
Endodontology / Oral Surgery / Orthodontics / Prosthodontics
- For Overseas (non-EU) students, these MClinDent programmes are designed to provide the same level of training as the Specialty Training programmes.