High-quality postgraduate dental education is UCL Eastman Dental Institute's core focus. It offers clinically-intensive programmes with small class sizes, led by a staff of international specialists.
The Institute offers a comprehensive range of part-time, full-time and specialty training programmes. For a brief overview, you can read the guide to the types of programmes on offer. For full details on each programme – its structure, content, application process and more – please refer the individual programme page:
Open now for 2016/17 applications (starting January 2017)
Applications for 2016/17 (starting September 2016) are also still open for:
- Advanced Aesthetic Dentistry PG Cert
- Endodontic Practice PG Dip
- Implant Dentistry PG Dip
- Paediatric Dentistry MSc
- Special Care Dentistry PG Cert
- Dental Public Health MSc. (Run by UCL Institute of Epidemiology & Health Care)
The 2016/17 deadline for applications for the following courses has now passed; you can apply for 2017/18 from October:
- Conservative Dentistry MSc
- Dental Sedation & Pain Management PG Cert
- Endodontics MSc
- Endodontology MClinDent and MClinDent (Advanced Training) in Endodontology
- Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery MSc
- Oral Medicine MSc
- Oral Surgery MClinDent and MClinDent (Advanced Training) in Oral surgery
- Orthodontics MClinDent and MClinDent (Advanced Training) in Orthodontics
- Paediatric Dentistry DDent
- Periodontology MClinDent
- Prosthodontics MClinDent and MClinDent (Advanced Training) in Prosthodontics
- Special Care Dentistry MSc
Competition for places can be intense. In the interest of transparency, the Institute has published its admissions policy.
Fees and funding
The Institute does not currently offer funding or scholarships for its taught degree programmes. Occasionally funded studentships are available for its research programmes – these will be advertised on the Institute's main Research page.
UCL offers some scholarships across the university's graduate programmes for which a small number of prospective students may be able to apply – please see the UCL Scholarships & Funding website for more information.
The tuition fees for all programmes are published by UCL's Student Fees Office, and are listed for each programme on its individual programme page.
Visiting the Institute
Degree programmes are provided by the Institute's constituent Education departments and units, and the policy towards visiting varies. Find out more about visiting the Institute
CPD short courses
The Institute also offers a number of short courses to support dentists' and dental care professionals' continuing professional development. Discover the range of available CPD short courses
For information about studying for an MPhil or PhD, please visit the Research section of the website.