CPD Certificate in Sports Dentistry
Module Leader: Peter Fine
Guest Speakers: Senior Lecturers and Clinicians from Eastman & London Sports Institute
Aims and Objectives
The aim of this module is to stimulate participants in this expanding area and increase their understanding of the clinical needs of athletes. The course will take place over ten study days spread at monthly intervals.
The module will include lectures, seminars and clinical sessions together with practical and laboratory sessions to construct splints and mouthguards.
The dental aspects of the course will include:
- Aetiology, prognosis and treatment of dental and maxillo-facial trauma
- The recognition of neurological injury
- Tissue healing
- Stress and TMJ Dysfunction
- Tooth surface loss and the relationship with sporting activity
In addition to the dental and maxillo-facial subjects there will be lectures and demonstrations on the following topics:
- Sports physiology
- Psychology of sports injury
- Diet and Nutrition
- Therapeutics and drugs in sport
- Medico-Legal aspects of dental injuries
At the end of the course participants will feel confident to take an active role in the health care of sports people and able to advise team doctors, physiotherapists and dieticians on those specific areas of dental care particularly relevant to athletes.
Dates for May 2014 TBC
Cost for May 2014 TBC
For more information, please contact Dawn Mifsud at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 7905 1261
Page last modified on 07 may 13 16:20