Short course on Complete and Partial Dentures
4 day course
this course will provide 6.5 hours each day
What will I learn?
To highlight the knowledge and skills required to assess, treatment plan and treat patients requiring partial dentures denture.
Why should I study this course at the Institute?
UCL Eastman Dental Institute's Continuing Professional Development department – Eastman CPD – encourages a structured and progressive approach to lifelong learning by providing a comprehensive range of evidence-based educational activities to challenge and stimulate practitioners, specialists, consultants and all members of the dental team from qualification to retirement.
Day 1- 2nd April 2014 - Removable Partial Dentures, An update, design principles and problem solving
• An Update on biological considerations as related to RPDs
• Review Design principles as related to RPDs
• RPD clinical treatment sequencing
• Useful clinical tips and problem solving with RPDs
• Treatment sequencing when integrating fixed and removable prostheses
• Integrating aesthetics and function with RPDs
• Importance of tooth preparation and surveying in the construction of RPDs
Day 2 – 9th April 2014
• Replacing missing anterior teeth:
• Integration of function and aesthetics
• Replacing missing teeth with partial dentures:
• The fixed-removable interface.
• The metal framework try-in
• Practical Session:
• Denture design exercises
• laboratory aspects:
• Repairs, relines, additions, rebasing.
Days 1 & 2- 7th May & 14th May 2014
On completion of the course you should be:
• familiar with patient selection and clinical assessment
• familiar with the concept of individualised treatment planning using the
• principle of biometric guides
• familiar with the rationale for tooth placement using the principle of biometric guides.
• familiar with various clinical techniques used in treatment planning and the
• execution of complete denture treatment.
• familiar with identifying and dealing with complete denture problems
• Familiar with complete denture aesthetics
• familiar with the role of implants and attachment systems in enhancing
Teaching and learning
Through a series of seminars and hands-on practical sessions
How to apply
Applications are accepted by post, fax or email attachment. Please follow the application guidelines. Applications are accepted until the start date depending on availability. This course operates on a first come first serve basis
Who can apply?
The programme is directed towards dental professionals who wish to extend their knowledge and skills in Removable Prosthodontics.
Pranay Sharma BDS MFDSRCPS M.Clin.Dent. (Pros) MRDRCS (Eng)
Miss Marjorie E Kelly
Tel: +44 (0)20 7905 1234
Removable Partial Dentures days 1 & 2 - 2nd & 9th April 2014
Complete Dentures days 1 & 2 - 7th May & 14th May 2014
£337 per day
£1,348 for all 4 days
Early bird discount (2 months before course starts) £307 per day and £1,227 for all 4 days
Delegates may book for 1 day, the full course or for as many days they wish to attend.
Maximum numbers: 20 participants per day
Page last modified on 15 nov 13 17:23