ITI Education Week
Current Treatment Principles and Concepts in Implant Dentistry
This six-day ITI Education Week has been designed for clinicians who already have some theoretical and basic practical experience in the field of implant dentistry and wish to acquire further knowledge in advanced treatment techniques through an evidence-based approach. The content of the course will be delivered through lectures, a number of surgical and prosthodontic hands-on workshops, exposure to live procedures and interactive treatment planning sessions.
Emphasis is placed on creating treatment philosophies based on the most up-to-date literature evidence and participants will benefit from the significant research and clinical experience of the faculty.
- Current principles of bone and soft tissue integration around dental implants
- Patient risk assessment (surgical and prosthodontic aspects)
- Smile-design and treatment planning considerations for patients withdemanding esthetic needs
- Treatment planning using radiographs and 3D images
- Prosthodontic principles and loading protocols in implant dentistry
- Basic surgical and prosthodontic workshop (tissue level & bone level implants)
- Guided bone regeneration
- Alveolar ridge preservation vs. immediate implants
- Piezoelectric bone surgery for intra-oral bone grafting
- Advanced soft tissue management by means of periodontal plastic surgery
- Provisional restoration and final prosthesis in the esthetic zone
- Implants in periodontally compromised patients
- Management of peri-implantitis and supportive/maintenance therapy
- Case presentations with interactive treatment planning exercises and case discussions
June 2014 (date to be confirmed)
Professor Nikolaos Donos is Head of the Periodontology Unit. His clinical expertise is in non-surgical and surgical treatment of periodontal diseases as well as GTR with different types of membranes, use of enamel matrix proteins, bone augmentation procedures and dental implantology. He is supported by a strong faculty that, among others, includes Dr. Steve Barter, Dr. Konstantina Dedi, Dr. Philip Freiberger, Dr. Nikolaos Gkranias, Dr. Nikolaos Mardas and Prof. Dean Morton.
To be confirmed
Straightforward - Advanced - Complex
The ITI University Program
The ITI – International Team for Implantology – is an independent academic organization dedicated to advancing knowledge in the field of implant dentistry and bringing this knowledge to a growing audience. The ITI’s educational message and philosophy center on evidence-based treatment approaches that predictably produce successful outcomes.
Introduced in 2009 as a new venture in ITI education, the ITI University Program aims to enhance implant education worldwide by offering coordinated, high quality continuing education courses in implant dentistry around the globe. The premise behind the program is that continuing education in implant dentistry and related fields is best delivered independently of commercial interests for reasons of overall quality and credibility.
Registration and contact details
For further information contact
ITI International Team for Implantology
ITI Education International
Peter Merian-Weg 10
T: +41 61 270 83 97
F: +41 61 270 83 84
Page last modified on 18 feb 13 11:46