The First Step - An Introduction to Implant Dentistry
Who is the course designed for?
Dental Practitioners with little or no experience with implant dentistry.
What is the aim of the course?
To educate dental practitioners with regards to dental implant
and planning and provide the basic restorative skills to restore a single
cement-retained implant crown.
- Identify suitable patients & risk factors for Implant treatment
- Consider the pre- management of patients considering implant treatment
- Understand the various treatment options with use of dental implants
- Understand principles of Implant treatment planning
- Consider the surgical aspects of dental implant treatment
- Familiarise restorative techniques to restore a single cement-retained implant crown
- Understand the principles of restorative implant treatment
- Understand the long-term maintenance of patients who have had dental implants
Which implant system will be used
Our implant courses are run on a generic basis so that the principles of implant treatment planning can be applied to most implant systems. For the purposes of this course we use the Nobel Biocare Replace Select as our preferred system.
Who will carry out the teaching
The course is taught by specialists experienced in implant dentistry. Additional teaching will be provided by experienced members of the teaching staff of the Eastman Dental Institute.
What will I gain form the course?
The course is approved for verifiable CPD. A certificate of attendance will be provided.
How is the course run?
The course is run over two days. The format varies to accommodate the needs of the participants. Please check website for dates or contact Richard Banks on firstname.lastname@example.org for availability.
How much will it cost?
£720 fully inclusive of materials, lunch and refreshments. CPD participants have been able to claim tax relief.
When will it take place?
2013 dates TBC
What should I do after the course?
The course is designed to introduce you to implant dentistry. We have additional programmes which you can progress to in a step wise manner depending on your experience and interest. Study groups can be formed if there is adequate interest. If you decide to sign up to the next level implant course we are able to offer a £500 discount.
For further information please contact
T: 020 7905 1281
F: 020 7905 1267
Page last modified on 18 feb 13 11:48