Periodontology: Non-Surgical Periodontal Therapy
A two day course teaching efficient mechanical instrumentation for best patient and operator health.
Two consecutive days.
12 hours verifiable CPD.
Aims and objectives
The course aims to improve the periodontal skills of dental therapists and dental hygienists.
- be better informed about the fundamental principles of how different instruments are designed to function, and how small details in technique can lead to dramatic improvements in the quality of results
- learn how technique is critical to maximizing efficiency and minimizing strain and fatigue.
All teachers on the Institute's courses are experienced professionals. All participants are asked to submit written feedback via a questionnaire at the end of the course, which is used to monitor the course's quality of teaching and value for money.
Teaching and assessment
The course is delivered through a combination of skills laboratory hands-on training and interactive sessions.
Dr Jeanie Suvan and Mrs Ruth Glover are the Course Leaders.
- Update Pathogenesis and Classification of Periodontal Disease
- Therapy Objectives and Context
- Patient Assessment
- Refined Instrumentation Techniques
- Instrumentation on Phantom Head
- Case discussion
To start the course on 11 September 2015, book your place by 28 August 2015.
Participants must hold an approved dental therapy or hygiene qualification.
How to book
Prospective participants should book online through UCL's Online Store. Before doing so, please ensure you have reviewed the above information. Full payment is required up front to reserve a place. Places are allocated on a first come, first served basis.
What happens next
Once you have completed your purchase through the Online Store, you will receive an email confirming your booking. The Course Administrator will send you a further email confirming arrival time and location.
Miss Marjorie Kelly
+44 (0)20 7905 1234