The course takes place over three consecutive days and is available:
22-24 June 2015
17-19 August 2015
14-16 September 2015
12-14 October 2015
Tel: +44 (0)20 7905 1234
ORE course discounts
Early bird: book a course 8 weeks in advance of the start date and receive 5% discount.
Multiple course bookings: book 2 courses and receive 7.5% discount.
Multiple course bookings: book 3 courses and receive 10% discount.
Please note that bookings must be made at the same time and that courses booked using this structure may not be transferred to other students.
ORE Part 2: Dental Manikin
A three day course that prepares students for the Dental Manikin element of ORE Part 2. Each day includes demonstrations and the opportunity for students to practice each element themselves.
What will I learn?
The course is designed as the starting place to prepare students for the ORE Part 2 Dental Manikin examination. It delivers an overview of constituent elements of the examination, with demonstrations from experienced staff and provides the opportunity for students to undertake the tasks themselves and receive direct guidance.
Why should I study this course at the Institute?
Demonstrations and student practice take place in well-equipped, state-of-the-art skills laboratories, and the course is predominately spent working on practical skills rather than sitting in lectures. Many of the teaching staff have experience of passing the ORE themselves, and are on hand to provide individual feedback to students.
Availability: Three days over one week.
Verifiable CPD: 19.5 hours.
Day 1: Plastics
- Cavities: Class I, Class I occluso-palatal upper posterior teeth
- Amalgam exercise: Class II upper posterior tooth
- Composite exercise: Class III in an upper anterior tooth
- Composite exercise: Class IV in an upper anterior tooth, Class V buccal or palatal in an upper tooth
- Cusp build-up upper posterior tooth
- Rubber dam exercise: isolation of anterior teeth ready for a composite restoration
Day 2: Crowns and Veneers
- Full gold crown preparation on a posterior tooth
- Metal ceramic crown preparation on an anterior tooth
- Ceramic labial veneer preparation on an upper anterior tooth
- Temporary crown fabrication on a prepared tooth
- Impression on a prepared tooth
- Rest seat preparation
Day 3: Endodontics
- Lecture on the rationale of root canal treatment
- Root canal instrumentation and obturation of a single rooted central incisor
Please note that one molar and one central incisor Frasaco endodontic teeth are provided per participant.
Teaching and learning
The course is delivered by a series of short demonstrations followed by the opportunity for students to hone their skills in the laboratory.
Applicants should have already sat, or have booked to sit, the ORE Part 1 examination.
How to apply
Applications are accepted by post or fax. Please follow the application guidelines.
Applications are accepted until the start date depending on availability. This course operates on a first come first serve basis.
Who can apply?
The course is a part of the Institute's series of ORE revision courses and is suitable for applicants preparing for ORE Part 2 or LDS examinations.