A two day course that provides an overview of contemporary endodontic treatment.
What will I learn?
The course is designed to present the essential science and evidence base behind contemporary endodontic treatment. Treatment from diagnosis through to post-treatment review will be addressed. The combination of seminars, demonstrations and hands-on exercises aims to help participants to incorporate the ideas and techniques into their everyday practice.
Why should I study this course at the Institute?
Teaching is provided by endodontic specialists Alyn Morgan
and Ian Alexander, and is grounded in evidence-based dentistry with a teaching
approach based upon clinical cases.
Structure: Two day course.
Verifiable CPD: 13 hours.
- Discussion on diagnosis of common endodontic problems and endodontic treatment planning
- Discussion on isolation, access and canal location
- Practical session on access and canal location
- Discussion on mechanical instrumentation – file design/selection, instrumentation protocols
- Discussion on irrigation and medication – irrigant choice, irrigation regimes
- Practical sessions on mechanical instrumentation and irrigation techniques
- Discussion on obturation – when to obturate (1 visit vs 2 visit), materials and methods
- Discussion on outcomes
- Practical session on obturation
- Question and answer session
Teaching and learning
The course is delivered through a combination of interactive seminars, practical demonstrations and hands-on exercises.
All applicants must normally hold an approved dental qualification.
How to apply
Applications are accepted by post or fax. Please follow the application guidelines.
Applications are accepted until the start date depending on availability. This course operates on a first come first served basis.
Who can apply?
The course is aimed at dentists at any stage of their career – established dentists who wish to refresh their knowledge and skills in new techniques, or young dentists who wish to build their abilities in endodontics.
Home | Education | Research | CPD | About
News - Jobs - Contact - Twitter