Extended Duties Course - Inferior Dental Nerve Block
This course is aimed at those dental therapists or hygienist who wish to extend their duties and to be able to administer Inferior Dental Nerve Blocks in their practice setting.
The course covers the theory and practical aspects with close hands on supervision it also requires that you be in a position to have some supervision by Dentists that you work with so that you can complete a logbook. Prior to the course you will be sent some home study in preparation for the theory day.
To provide the knowledge and skill required for the safe and effective administration of inferior dental nerve block anaesthesia in the clinical environment.
For the participant to demonstrate the ability to:
• Describe the equipment and techniques used to obtain effective anaesthesia.
• Carry out safe and effective local analgesia.
• Describe and identify related oral anatomy and nerve supplies.
• List local anaesthetic agents available and contents of cartridges.
• Select appropriate local anaesthetic agent and use appropriate technique.
• Identify potential contra indications and complications.
Download and complete the application form.
Page last modified on 27 feb 13 16:54