Aesthetic Dentistry: Aesthetics & Periodontics Masterclass
A five day course on popular topics in aesthetic dentistry. The course is held over five consecutive days (i.e. one full week) and features hands-on tuition every day.
Five days over one week.
32.5 hours verifiable CPD.
25-29 April 2016
Aims and objectives
The course aims to introduce step-by-step clinical procedures, materials and treatment planning concepts on the following topics:
- occlusal records
- dental photography
- preparations for anterior veneers and crowns
- direct composite restorations (anterior and posterior)
- atraumatic extraction, site preservation and anterior crown lengthening
- cementation of etchable ceramics.
- To have improved knowledge of the principles and practice of aesthetic dentistry, including direct and indirect restorations.
- To have improved ability in the practical procedures relevant in aesthetic dentistry.
- To have improved understanding in the integration of different dental disciplines to produce superior aesthetic outcomes
All teachers on the Institute's courses are experienced professionals. All participants are asked to submit written feedback via a questionnaire at the end of the course, which is used to monitor the course's quality of teaching and value for money.
Teaching and assessment
The course is delivered through a combination of 50% lectures, interactive seminars, treatment planning, and 50% skills laboratory and clinic hands-on training. There is ample phantom head practice of clinical procedures, video demonstrations, clinic practice of records and photography and a review of current literature.
Dr Konstantina Dina Dedi is the Course Leader.
- Aesthetic smile evaluation, pre-treatment case documentation, treatment planning.
- Occlusal records for the aesthetic case (casts, face-bows, interocclusal registration, semi-adjustable articulators).
- Dental photography.
- Anterior and posterior composite restorations/adhesive dentistry.
- Ceramic restorations: veneers and crowns.
- Aesthetic metal-ceramic crowns and bridges.
- Aesthetic periodontics: anterior crown lengthening, extraction site preservation.
- Aesthetics cements and cementation techniques for ceramic restorations.
- Interdisciplinary treatment planning for complex aesthetic problems.
To start the course on 5 October 2015, book your place by 21 September 2015.
Participants must hold an approved dental qualification.
How to book
Prospective participants should book online through UCL's Online Store. Before doing so, please ensure you have reviewed the above information. Full payment is required up front to reserve a place. Places are allocated on a first come, first served basis.
To book please visit the online store
What happens next
Once you have completed your purchase through the Online Store, you will receive an email confirming your booking. The Course Administrator will send you a further email confirming arrival time and location.
+44 (0)20 7905 1234