The course takes place over five consecutive days, Monday to Friday, and is available:
5-9 October 2015
(27 April - 1 May 2015 now fully booked)
Tel: +44 (0)20 7905 1281
Aesthetic Dentistry: Aesthetics & Periodontics Masterclass
A five day course on popular topics in aesthetic dentistry. The course is held over five consecutive days (i.e. one full week) and features hands-on tuition every day.
What will I learn?
The course aims to improve students' skills and knowledge of clinical procedures in adhesive and aesthetic dentistry, and increase understanding of contemporary aesthetic biomaterials. Outcomes include improved standards of delivery in aesthetic clinical dental procedures, and broadened options for the treatment planning of complex aesthetic problems.
Why should I study this course at the Institute?
All of the Institute's aesthetic dentistry CPD courses provide ample hands-on training in state of the art facilities including clinics and a fully equipped phantom head skills lab. Small class sizes provide a favourable teacher-to-student ratio. Teaching is provided by experienced aesthetic dentists, and is grounded in evidence-based dentistry with a teaching approach based upon clinical cases.
Structure: Five days over one week.
Verifiable CPD: 32.5 hours.
- Aesthetic smile evaluation, pre-treatment case documentation, treatment planning.
- Occlusal records for the aesthetic case (casts, face-bows, interocclusal registration, semi-adjustable articulators).
- Dental photography.
- Anterior and posterior composite restorations/adhesive dentistry.
- Ceramic restorations: veneers and crowns.
- Aesthetic metal-ceramic crowns and bridges.
- Aesthetic periodontics: anterior crown lengthening, extraction site preservation.
- Aesthetics cements and cementation techniques for ceramic restorations.
- Interdisciplinary treatment planning for complex aesthetic problems.
Teaching and learning
The course is delivered through a combination of 50% lectures, interactive seminars, treatment planning, and 50% skills laboratory and clinic hands-on training. There is ample phantom head practice of clinical procedures, video demonstrations, clinic practice of records and photography and a review of current literature.
Applicants must hold an approved dental qualification.
How to apply
Applications are accepted by post or fax. Please follow the application guidelines.
Applications are accepted until the start date depending on availability. This course operates on a first come first serve basis.
Who can apply?
The course is aimed at dentists at any point of their career – established dentists who wish to refresh their knowledge and skills in newly developed techniques, or young dentists who wish to build their abilities in specialised procedures.