Aesthetic Dentistry: Aesthetic Restorative Procedures
A five day course on popular topics in aesthetic dentistry. The course is held over five days (one per month, spread over five months) and features hands-on tuition every day.
Five days over five months.
32.5 hours verifiable CPD.
Each day will run approximately 9:30am - 5pm.
|Day 1||8 November 2016|
|Day 2||6 December 2016|
|Day 3||17 January 2017|
|Day 4||21 February 2017|
|Day 5||28 March 2017|
Aims and objectives
The course aims to introduce step-by-step clinical procedures, materials and treatment planning concepts on the following topics:
- preparations for anterior veneers and crowns
- direct composite restorations (anterior and posterior)
- aesthetic metal-ceramic crowns and bridges
- tooth whitening and sensitivity management
- cementation of etchable ceramics.
- To have improved knowledge of the principles and practice of aesthetic dentistry, including direct and indirect restorations.
- To have improved ability in the practical procedures relevant in aesthetic dentistry.
- To have improved understanding in the integration of different dental disciplines to produce superior aesthetic outcomes
All teachers on the Institute's courses are experienced professionals. All participants are asked to submit written feedback via a questionnaire at the end of the course, which is used to monitor the course's quality of teaching and value for money.
Teaching and assessment
The course is delivered through a combination of 50% lectures, interactive seminars, treatment planning, and 50% skills laboratory and clinic hands-on training. There is ample phantom head practice of clinical procedures, video demonstrations of live patient treatment and a review of current literature.
Dr Konstantina Dina Dedi is the Course Leader.
Direct Composite Resin Restorations
- Composite restorations
- Anterior and posterior direct composites: the step-by-step approach
- Direct composite restorations using matrix-assisted layering and characterisation techniques
- Finishing and polishing composite restorations
Anterior All-Ceramic Crowns and Veneers: All-Ceramic Materials and Preparation Designs
- Introduction to dental ceramic materials
- All-ceramic crowns/veneers and treatment planning
- Anterior tooth preparations for all-ceramic restorations
Aesthetic Tooth Whitening
- Tooth whitening
- Management of post-whitening sensitivity
- Tray fabrication
- Anterior tooth temporisation
- Aesthetic anterior temporary prostheses
Cementation of All-Ceramic Restorations and Interdisciplinary Treatment Planning
- Cementation of all-ceramic restorations
- Introduction to immediate dentin sealing
- Cementation of all-ceramic crown and veneers
Aesthetic Metal Ceramics
Interdisciplinary Treatment Planning Cases
- Anterior metal-ceramics: evaluation and treatment considerations
- Treatment planning
- Assessed tooth preparation exercise
- Review session
For information about paying in installments, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Participants must hold an approved dental qualification.
How to book
Prospective participants should book online through UCL's Online Store. Before doing so, please ensure you have reviewed the above information. Full payment is required up front to reserve a place. Places are allocated on a first come, first served basis.
To book please visit our online store.
What happens next
Once you have completed your purchase through the Online Store, you will receive an email confirming your booking. The Course Administrator will send you a further email confirming arrival time and location.
+44 (0)20 7905 1234