UCL Eastman Dental Institute
UCL Eastman Dental Institute is the largest postgraduate dental school in Europe and has a reputation as one of the world’s leading academic centres for dentistry. As part of UCL – London’s Global University – the Institute welcomes UK and international students. With a focus on translational research, postgraduate education and training, the Institute offers a wide range of study opportunities – Master's degrees, specialty training, certificates, diplomas, research doctorates and CPD courses – from its twin sites in central London.
- Education: Find out about the Institute's wide range of degree programmes.
- Research: Find out about the Institute's research activities and about studying for a PhD.
- CPD: Find out about the Institute's CPD short courses that offer training on a wide range of topics.
- About: Find out more about the Institute, including its academic staff, contact details and job opportunities.
- We have many short courses ready to book for 2016.
- We are running two taster sessions for dentists interested in our Implant Dentistry PG Diploma.
- Careers Day, hosted jointly with the British Dental Association, will be running again in February 2016. Read the brochure (pdf) or book now.
- UCL Eastman Dental Institute and the British Association of Dental Therapists have launched their exciting new collaboration. This collaboration will see a number of new courses for dental therapists and hygienists running at the Eastman in 2016.
Today is World Cancer Day. Oral cancer and indeed head and neck cancers arise in individuals across the globe. Early diagnosis is a key means of ensuring that patients with cancer, or possible cancer of the mouth are rapidly referred to appropriate specialists.
UCL Eastman is to play its part in a significant, new academic partnership with New Giza University (NGU).
Dentist Alexandra Henderson is the proud recipient of the annual Prestige Dental Prize, having been deemed the best performing student on the Postgraduate Certificate element of the MSc in Restorative Dental Practice, at UCL Eastman Dental Institute. The deputy programme director Dr Neil Nathwani of the Postgraduate Certificate element of the course was delighted at Alexandra’s great all year round performance. More...
In October 2015 UCL Eastman Senior Lecturer Dr James Phillips joined a UCL clinical colleague and a nerve injured patient at a Special Grand Round Session on Peripheral Nerve Regeneration: The science, surgery and experience of regenerative neuroscience.
We are extremely proud to announce that Eastman Professor, Susan Cunningham, has won a Provost’s Excellence Award.
The awards, which are in their inaugural year, recognise truly exceptional contributions from across the university, with a particular emphasis on those furthering UCL values.
The award recognises Professor Cunningham’s contribution to collegiality, conducting activities across normal boundaries resulting in significant benefits to UCL or the wider community. More...