International Research Projects
- BiomarCaRE: Biomarker for Cardiovascular Risk Assessment in Europe a research project funded by the European Commission with the Seventh Framework Programme. Professor Martin Bobak is the lead researcher at UCL for this project.
- PRIVMORT: The Impact of Privatization on the Mortality Crisis in Eastern Europe is an Advanced ERC award held by Dr Lawrence King, University of Cambridge. Professor Michael Marmot and Professor Martin Bobak are the lead researchers at UCL for this study.
- ATHLOS: Ageing Trajectories of Health: Longitudinal Opportunities and Synergies. A five-year project funded by the European Union’s Horizon 2020 Research and Innovation Programme. Professor Martin Bobak is the lead researcher at UCL for this project. 2015-2020
- EURO-HEALTHY: "Shaping EUROpean policies to promote HEALTH equitY". A three-year research project that aims to increase knowledge and resources on policies that have the potential to promote health and health equity across European regions with a focus on metropolitan areas. 2015-2018 Dr Hynek Pikhart is the lead researcher at UCL for this project.
- MINDMAP: The overall aim of the MINDMAP project is to identify the opportunities offered by the urban environment for the promotion of mental wellbeing and cognitive function of older individuals in Europe. Professor Martin Bobak is the lead researcher at UCL for this project.
Past Research Projects
- CHANCES: Consortium on Health and Ageing: Network of Cohorts in Europe and the United States) is a collaborative large scale integrating project funded by the European Commission within the Seventh Framework Programme. Professor Martin Bobak is the lead researcher at UCL for this project. 2010-2015
- DRIVERS:Addressing the strategic Determinants to Reduce health Inequity ViaEarly childhood, Realising fair employment, and Social protection. Dr Hynek Pikhart is the lead researcher for the UCL component of this project. 2012-2015
- INEQCITIES: Socio-economic inequalities in mortality: evidence and policies in cities of Europe. This project partially financed by the Executive Agency for Health and Consumers (EAHC) of the European Union. Dr Hynek Pikhart is the lead researcher at UCL for this project. 2009-2012
- MacArthur research network on Social Upheaval and Health.
- A series of surveys of socio-economic and psychosocial predictors of self-rated health.
- Studies of adult mortality in Russia during societal transformation.
- Various studies of social and environmental influences on child health.
Page last modified on 18 jan 16 23:13