News from the Earth Sciences
- Arctic sea ice level recovery in 2014
- NERC funded PhD Opportunities
- MSci students join international research project in Chile.
- Science meets Theatre to talk about Climate
- Festival of Geology 2014
- ESA High Level Science Policy Advisory Committee
- The Neftex Earth Model Award:
- Co-evolution of Life and the Planet Conference
- Marvellous maps
- NERC Grant: The Seismic Cycle
- Sustainable Resource Development
- Fresher's Induction Week
- International Carbon Conference 2014
- TomCaT Job Opportunity
- Deep Carbon Summer School
- Alpha & Lomonosov Ridge Expedition 2014
- Oxygen burrowed away
- 2014 Sino-UK Summer School
- Nordic Noir: Secrets of the Ash.
- Micropaleontology - special edition.
- Senior Promotions
- Reef built by animals 550 million years ago discovered.
- Prof Ron Cohen receives international award
- IRDR Annual Conference
- Crises at Calderas.
- Facing the Floods
- Marine ice regulates the future stability of a large Antarctic ice shelf.
- Seasonal Arctic summer ice extent still hard to forecast.
- First animals oxygenated Earth's oceans
- Arctic Research
- World's Biggest Landslide Floated Like a Hovercraft
IRDR Annual Conference
11 June 2014
A day of
thought-provoking discussions, talks by experts and presentations of the
latest research in risk and disaster reduction, aimed at researchers
and practitioners, NGOs and City professionals, and the interested public.
Date: Wednesday 18th June 09:00 - 20:00
Location: Gustave Tuck Lecture Theatre and South Cloister. For full programme details visit the Institute's site.
UCL IRDR Annual Conference Panel Discussion on Cascading Crises Talks on the Role of Women in Disaster Risk Reduction Keynote Address on Building a More Resilient Country In Conversation on Managing Risks in Business and Government Research Posters on Building Resilience Art Exhibit: Fukushima Kimonos.
All this in one day, and for free! But you need to register