News from the Earth Sciences
- Prof Ron Cohen receives international award
- IRDR Annual Conference
- Crises at Calderas.
- Facing the Floods
- Marine ice regulates the future stability of a large Antarctic ice shelf.
- Seasonal Arctic summer ice extent still hard to forecast.
- First animals oxygenated Earth's oceans
- Arctic Research
- Friedrich Wilhelm Bessel Research Award
- Jacqueline McGlade appointed UNEP Chief Scientist
- Dr Dominic Papineau joins our department.
- Arctic Summer Ice Melt
- PhD Topics 2014
- Careers Forum 30 January 2014
- 26Al/10Be Dating
- NERC Student Photography Competition
- Reef built by animals 550 million years ago discovered.
IRDR Annual Conference
11 June 2014
A day of
thought-provoking discussions, talks by experts and presentations of the
latest research in risk and disaster reduction, aimed at researchers
and practitioners, NGOs and City professionals, and the interested public.
Date: Wednesday 18th June 09:00 - 20:00
Location: Gustave Tuck Lecture Theatre and South Cloister. For full programme details visit the Institute's site.
UCL IRDR Annual Conference Panel Discussion on Cascading Crises Talks on the Role of Women in Disaster Risk Reduction Keynote Address on Building a More Resilient Country In Conversation on Managing Risks in Business and Government Research Posters on Building Resilience Art Exhibit: Fukushima Kimonos.
All this in one day, and for free! But you need to register