Paediatric Assessment: Fridays over 5 weeks 12 Jan - 09 Feb 2018
This 5 day course aims to establish skills in behavioural and objective methods of hearing assessment in infants and children as the basis for appropriate audiological management.
Aims and Objectives include:
· To understand the principles behind newborn hearing screen and early intervention for neural plasticity
· To optimise the auditory potential for life long communication and social integration
· To establish skills in behavioural and objective methods of hearing assessment in infants and children as the basis for appropriate audiological management
· To integrate speech-based assessments into the protocols for evaluating hearing
· To develop coherence in the roles of all professionals in the paediatric audiology team
· To assess and address the hearing needs of the child within his/her family context
· To introduce a culture of reflective practice, service evaluation and professional learning
· To apply new techniques in clinical placements and implement change within departmental practice if appropriate
· To constructively evaluate and recognise constraints in observed clinical practice
· To understand the responsibility conferred by professional training in paediatric audiology and importance of continually developing knowledge and practice
Topics will include:
· Auditory and communication development in children and principles of neural plasticity
· Newborn Hearing Screening Programme: principles and practice
· Paediatric assessment using a test battery approach: Behavioural and objective hearing assessment for children
· Speech testing and outcome measures of effective intervention
· Interpretation of audiological test results and management plan.
This course will be taught by Carolina Leal and external contributors to ensure a variety of interest.
- Carolina Leal & Priya Singh
Specially invited external speakers to include representatives from:
- Public Health England
- Private Sector
NB: Timetable subject to possible last minute change
Points currently to be approved.
|Cost of 5 Day Masterclass*||EB £570||SR £645|
EB – Early Bird rate FOR BOOKINGS MADE BEFORE 2nd December 2016.
SR – Standard rate
The Paediatric Assessment masterclass can only be
booked as a full course (i.e. there will be no 1 day, 2 day etc options).
- Payment via UCL Store must be made at least 2 working days before the start of the course
- In order to secure your place using a purchase order, these must be received at least 3 weeks before the start of the course
NB: Your place on the course is not secured until payment has cleared.