- Professor Martin Birchall UCL carries out landmark Voicebox Transplant
- Laryngeal Research Study - Feb 2011
- UCLP-ENT Launch Day Announced
- Prof Schilder awarded HIHR Professorship
- Priya Singh appears on Bang Goes The Theory
- Bridgitte Harley on BBC
- Prof Matrin Birchall is quoted in BBC health story
- Tributes to Lord Jack Ashley
- Prof Adrian Davis interviewed on BBC Breakfast
- UCLP ENT Presentations available for download
- BSc & MSc Poster Presentation Day
- Joel Joseph's experience taking part in the London 2012 Olympic Games Opening Ceremony
- Jonathan Fishman receives MRC Centenary Award for £44,612
- Prof Ashmore's Royal Society Speech at Sir Andrew Huxley Memorial Event
- Announcing the launch of the ABCIT 3 year research project
- Jonathan Fishman receives the RSM Laryngology Research Prize and RSM-Wesleyan Young Trainee of the Year
- Work Experience Day
- How your hearing aid could stop you getting dementia
- MSc Advanced Audiology Graduation Day 2013
Work Experience Day
20 February 2013
Yesterday, the Ear Institute welcomed 30 year 10 & 11 students from 3 London Schools. They took part in a workshop designed to get students interested in persuing a career in health sciences...
The school work experience was for Year 10 and 11 students from Paddington, Burlington Danes and Kings Dale schools and was part of a whole week of work experience run through a company called Excitec.
We introduced them to the new BSc Healthcare Science programs in Audiology, Cardiology and Neurophysiology in conjunction with our colleagues at Middlesex University who are running these courses in London.
There were many fun activities like
- recording how loud their mp3 players were using the ‘Sound Head’ form Action on Hearing Loss,
- making their own ear impressions using rubber ears,
- listening to sounds through hearing aids,
- measuring their blood pressure,
- recording EEGs and ECGs and understanding how they work,
- learning different balance tests and how the ear is related to balance etc.
They had quizzes and speed tests and were given prizes for the quickest people to complete a word search.
The feedback was generally very positive and we hope todo more Work Experience Days like this in the future!
Page last modified on 20 feb 13 14:21