Welcome to the Ear Institute's seminar calendar. We aim to keep this calendar as up to date as possible so please check back regularly for details of more confirmed Ear Talks.
3 November, 2014 - Lauch of UCL's Hub for Responsible Research and Innovation
Time: 17:45:00 - 21:00:00
We would like to invite you to ‘Can innovation ever be responsible? Is it ever irresponsible not to innovate?’, a lecture by Professor Richard Jones, Pro-Vice-Chancellor for Research and Innovation at the University of Sheffield, to mark the launch of the UCL Hub for Responsible Research and Innovation (RRI). Drinks and registration will be from 17.45, with the lecture starting at 18.15. The lecture will be followed by a drinks reception. The RRI Hub is being launched as part of the European RRI Tools project, which aims to develop a toolkit for researchers, policymakers, businesses, civil society and educational organisations to help science and innovation better reflect the needs and wishes of society. The Hub will be a base for research, sharing and training on these issues.
Location: UCL Front Quad, Wilkins Building, Gower St, London, WC1E 6BT
Contact: Kaatje Lomme
Phone: +44 (0)20 7679 2094
26 November, 2014 - Slade Print Fair
Time: 12:00:00 - 20:00:00
Organised by UCL Slade School of Fine Art
The annual fundraising Slade Print Fair returns with works for sale by Slade staff and students, live printing and the latest exclusive Slade Edition. All proceeds will go to support student scholarships.
Location: Slade Research Centre, , Woburn Square, London, WC1H 0AB
Contact: Olivia Mills
Phone: +44 (0)20 7679 2313
Types of seminar
We have several seminars/discussion groups which run regularly, these are:
- External Seminars: Guest speakers from other institutions around the world are invited to speak about recent breakthroughs they've made in hearing research. (Takes place every third Thursday at 1pm in the CAR seminar room)
- Work in Progress (WIP) Seminars: These reports are a chance for members of the Ear Institute to catch up on any exciting new developments that other members are currently working on. (Takes place every third Thursday at 1pm in the CAR seminar room)
- Grand Rounds: Clinical interest seminars which take place every Wednesday morning in the RNTNEH
- Cochlear Nonlinear Processing Interest Group: A discussion group for people with research interests in the interpretation of physiological and psychophysical estimates of nonlinear processing at the peripheral level of the auditory system. (These take place roughly every 2 - 3 weeks) (hosted by Ifat and Torsten)
- Audiology Seminars: Guest speakers from the Ear Institute and other institutions are invited to speak about the important topics affecting clinical audiology. (Takes place on the first Tuesday of every month during term time)
- Auditory Central Nervous System (CNS) Journal Club: Each week a member of the Institute presents a short summary of their current research followed by a presentation on any topic related to the auditory brain, be it a journal article, review of the state of the literature, or an in-depth discussion of their own work. (Takes place every Tuesday at 10:30)
- Cochlear Implant group: takes place bimonthly (every two months) for people interested in clinical research into Cochlear Implantation
Page last modified on 30 nov 11 09:38