Rehabilitation for Adults with Acquired Hearing Loss: December 2016 TBC
This course aims to explore in depth the experience of deafness, and to examine a range of non-technological approaches to adult audiological rehabilitation. As well as hearing from experts in the field, we will take a holistic view and draw on expertise from beyond the boundaries of audiology to consider the wider needs of the patients we work with. Participants will learn about recent evidence from a variety of sources which is clinically relevant and should be of particular interest to those who specialise in aural rehabilitation or those who wish to take on more responsibility in this area. A mixture of lectures, discussions and interactive workshops ensures that all delegates have the opportunity to fully participate and network with others who have similar interests.
Topics will include:
- Understanding the experience of deafness from personal and research perspectives
- Research from UCL’s new Centre for Behaviour Change and how it applies to audiology
- Innovative ways of supporting patients with self-management
- Understanding how ageing and dementia affect quality of life
- Improving access to audiology for people with learning disabilities
Speakers will include:
- Dr Caroline Wood: Assistant Director, UCL Centre for Behaviour Change
- Fiona Barker: Audiological Scientist, Windsor Audiology centre
- Milijana Malmberg: Sahlgrenska Academy, Gothenberg University, Sweden
- Dr Lorraine Gailey: Chief Executive, Hearing Link
- Karen Wild: Audiologist, Kingston Hospital
- Billie Ing: Associate Director, Ipsos Ethnography Centre of Excellence, Ipsos Mori
- Sarah Bent: Audiological Scientist, Wrexham Maelor Hospital, Wales.
- Dr Siobhan Brennan: Audiological Scientist, Royal Hallamshire Hospital, Sheffield
- Lucy Handscomb: Lecturer, UCL Ear Institute
course has been accredited with 16 CPD points by the BAA (day 1=5, Day 2=6, Day 3=5)
|Cost of 1 Day Masterclass||
|Cost of 2 Day Masterclass||
|Cost of 3 Day Masterclass||
|Cost of 4 Day Masterclass*||
EB – Early Bird rate FOR BOOKINGS MADE AT LEAST 8 WEEKS IN ADVANCE
SR – Standard rate
* Please note that the 4 day prices are only applicable for our longer courses. The fee structure is standardised across all Advanced Audiology Masterclasses.
- Payment via UCL Store must be made at least 2 working days before the start of the course
- In order to secure your place using a purchase order, these must be received at least 3 weeks before the start of the course
NB: Your place on the course is not secured until payment has cleared.
All bookings for courses at the UCL Ear Institute are subject to our terms and conditions. By placing a booking you will have agreed to our terms and conditions.
If you wish to cancel your order for a Course after it is accepted by us and outside of any period in which you might have a right to cancel, then the following applies:
Your cancellation must be received in writing no later than
14 days before the start of the Course. If we receive your cancellation no
later than 14 days before the start of the Course we will refund any amount you
have paid to us for that Course less an administration charge of 20%. No
refunds will be made for cancellations made by you within 14 days of the Course
Full UCL terms and conditions
Page last modified on 04 dec 15 10:31