Guest Speaker for 2013
Todd Rickets PhD, Vanderbilt University
|Great speakers, friendly company reps, great way to reflect on current practices|
|The topics are very interesting and reflect on current trends. It embraces lots of activity such as discussion, involve parents/patients to talk about their experience, and case studies|
|I feel inspired to change and develop my practice|
|This was the best course I have attended ever|
|Diverse speakers from not just the UK, but from the US, allows us to see that there is a bigger Audiology world than our hospitals and clinics|
|Very interesting and diverse topics|
Masterclass: Advanced Amplification and Aural Rehabilitation - 4th - 7th March 2014
About the module
Course Directors: Dr Cherilee Rutherford & Dr Josephine Marriage
This module takes the form of a 4 day masterclass that will investigate current trends in adult and paediatric amplification.
The aim of this module is to enhance clinical practice in the treatment of adults and children with hearing loss.
Course objectives include:
- To foster an awareness of state of the art research in amplification and aural rehab as it relates to both adult and paediatric populations.
- To develop international best practice as indicated by evidence-based approaches to rehabilitation.
- To enable the implementation of clinically applicable tools & techniques that will elevate the process of aural rehabilitation to an advanced practitioner level.
The 4 day Masterclass has 2 days of adult focus, and 2 days paediatric focus. Participants may opt to attend all 4 days, or simply focus on adult or paediatric issues.
A combination of live and recorded lectures will be presented along with interactive, seminar style discussions and hands-on workshops.
Images from 2013
Themes for the 4 days are:
- Day 1: Technology, Innovation & the Future * with Todd Ricketts
- Day 2: Music and Hearing Instruments
- Day 3: Peadiatric Clinical Update * with Todd Ricketts
- Day 4: Paediatric Focus on Auditory Neuropathy Spectrum Disorder (ANSD)
- Michael Boretski, PhD (CH)
- John Nelson, PhD (USA)
- Jason Glaster, PhD (USA – video link)
- Anders Jessen (DK)
- Graham Naylor, PhD (DK)
- Mona Dworsack, AuD (USA)
- Majken Roijker (DK)
- Debi Vickers, PhD (UK)
- Janine Roebuck (UK)
- Nick Coleman (UK)
- Huw Thomas (UK)
- Greg Nassar (UK)
- Josephine Marriage, PhD (UK)
- Robert Fulford (UK)
- Paul CHeckley (UK)
- Adam Schulberg (UK)
- Lena Bartra (UK)
- Sharon Robb (UK)
- Debbie Rix (UK)
- Elizabeth Tyszkiewicz (UK)
The new timetable is subject to change.
- To be confirmedfrom BAA and BSHAA
|Cost of 1 Day Masterclass||
|Cost of 2 Day Masterclass||
|Cost of 3 Day Masterclass||
|Cost of 4 Day Masterclass*||
EB – Early Bird rate FOR BOOKINGS MADE AT LEAST 8 WEEKS IN ADVANCE
SR – Standard rate
* Please note that the 4 day price is only applicable for 4 days courses. The fee structure is standardised across all Advanced Audiology Masterclasses (where there is an international guest speaker)
T & Cs
All bookings for courses at the UCL Ear Institute are subject to our terms and conditions. By placing a booking you will have agreed to our terms and conditions.
If you wish to cancel your order for a Course after it is accepted by us and outside of any period in which you might have a right to cancel, then the following applies:
Your cancellation must be received in writing no later than
14 days before the start of the Course. If we receive your cancellation no
later than 14 days before the start of the Course we will refund any amount you
have paid to us for that Course less an administration charge of 20%. No
refunds will be made for cancellations made by you within 14 days of the Course
Full UCL terms and conditions
Page last modified on 11 mar 13 11:14