UCL Dutch : Study Dutch in London!
Published: Nov 27, 2013 3:31:00 PM
Published: Oct 14, 2013 9:44:28 AM
Published: Sep 12, 2013 12:05:00 PM
Published: Aug 12, 2013 1:47:00 PM
Published: Jul 27, 2013 3:31:00 PM
Published: Jul 23, 2013 3:07:29 PM
Published: Jul 21, 2013 3:46:00 PM
Writer in Residence
The Department of Dutch at UCL hosts an annual Writer in Residence scheme.
The scheme is funded by the Nederlands Letterenfonds (Amsterdam). It allows a Dutch or a Flemish writer to spend up to six weeks at UCL, on an annual basis.
The Writer in Residence engages with students as well as staff in the Department, and actively contributes to undergraduate and postgraduate teaching.
In 2013/14 Wim Brands will be Dutch Writer in Residence at UCL Dutch.
Past Writers in Residence
- In 2011/12 Abdelkader Benali was Writer in Residence.
- In 2010/11 Joost Zwagerman was Writer in Residence.
- In 2009/10 Gerbrand Bakker was Writer in Residence
- In 2008/09, Isabel Hoving was Writer in Residence.
- In 2007/08, Kader Abdolah was Writer in Residence.
- In 2006/07, Pieter Frans Thomése was Writer in Residence.
- In 2005/06, Thomas Rosenboom was Writer in Residence.
- In 2004/05, Hafid Bouazza was Writer in Residence at UCL, pictured above (right) on a literary evening in the Haldane Room on 13 December 2004.
Former Writers in Residence have included such acclaimed authors as: J. Bernlef, Marcel Möring, Leo Pleysier, H. C. ten Berge, Arnon Grunberg, Frank Martinus Arion, Tessa de Loo, Hans Maarten van den Brink, Helga Ruebsamen, and Arthur Japin.
Page last modified on 15 nov 13 08:45 by Ulrich Tiedau