UCL Dutch : Study Dutch in London!
Published: May 29, 2013 11:12:27 PM
Published: May 10, 2013 5:50:56 PM
Published: Apr 29, 2013 10:29:49 AM
Published: Apr 23, 2013 5:22:23 AM
Published: Apr 16, 2013 12:44:12 PM
Published: Apr 10, 2013 12:56:41 PM
Published: Mar 6, 2013 9:37:00 PM
Writer in Residence
The Department of Dutch at UCL hosts an annual Writer in Residence scheme.
The scheme is funded by the Nederlands Letterenfonds (Amsterdam). It allows a Dutch or a Flemish writer to spend up to six weeks at UCL, on an annual basis.
The Writer in Residence engages with students as well as staff in the Department, and actively contributes to undergraduate and postgraduate teaching.
- In 2011/12 Abdelkader Benali will be Writer in Residence (more shortly).
- In 2010/11 Joost Zwagerman was Writer in Residence.
- In 2009/10 Gerbrand Bakker was Writer in Residence
- In 2008/09, Isabel Hoving was Writer in Residence.
- In 2007/08, Kader Abdolah was Writer in Residence.
- In 2006/07, Pieter Frans Thomése was Writer in Residence.
- In 2005/06, Thomas Rosenboom was Writer in Residence.
- In 2004/05, Hafid Bouazza was Writer in Residence at UCL, pictured above (right) on a literary evening in the Haldane Room on 13 December 2004.
Former Writers in Residence have included such acclaimed authors as: J. Bernlef, Marcel Möring, Leo Pleysier, H. C. ten Berge, Arnon Grunberg, Frank Martinus Arion, Tessa de Loo, Hans Maarten van den Brink, Helga Ruebsamen, and Arthur Japin.
Page last modified on 20 sep 11 08:48 by Ulrich Tiedau