UCL Dutch : Study Dutch in London!
- UCL Dutch home
- Departmental News
- About the department
- Why Study Dutch?
- Undergraduate degrees
- Graduate degrees
- Research degrees
- Short courses
- Writer in Residence
- Dutch Studypacks
- Alumni of UCL Dutch
- FAQs and Answers
- Contact us
Published: Aug 13, 2015 4:33:44 PM
Published: Sep 3, 2014 10:05:00 AM
Published: Mar 1, 2014 11:05:00 AM
Published: Jan 17, 2014 5:16:50 PM
Published: Jan 15, 2014 11:23:00 AM
Senior Teaching Fellow in Dutch
Teaches on the undergraduate Dutch language courses, Sociolinguistics and Project in Dutch. Former tutor at the Foreign and Commonwealth Office Language Centre, providing training to British diplomats before postings in The Hague, Amsterdam or Brussels. Specific interests are language standardization, multilingualism and language attitudes, particularly with regards to the language situation in Flanders and Brussels.
In collaboration with Gerdi Quist and Dennis Strik, published Dutch language textbook (Routledge Intensive Dutch Course 2006), incorporating concepts of intercultural communication and critical language awareness. In 2013, published the Routledge Intermediate Dutch Reader, together with Eddy Verbaan and Janneke Louwerse.
Office Hour: Monday 1.30-2.30pm or by appointment.
|Year Code Course|
|I||DUTC1001||Dutch Language 1|
|I||DUTC1201||Modern Dutch Literary Texts|
|II||DUTC2001||Dutch Language 2|
|I and II||ELCS6028||Language in Society: an introduction to the study of Sociolinguistics|
|IV||DUTC4901||Project in Dutch|
|IV||ELCS4013||Language and Ideology|
- Verbaan, E., Sas, C., Louwerse, J. (2013). The Routledge Dutch Intermediate Reader. Routledge. Publisher URL
- Sas, C. E. (2012). Nuancering en Contextualisering van een Taalstrijd. Internationale Neerlandistiek (1), 81-84 The Netherlands Publisher URL
- Sas, C. (2009). Basic Dutch: A grammar and workbook by Jenneke Oosterhoff. Dutch Crossing : A Journal of Low Countries Studies 33(2), 171-174 London doi:10.1179/155909009X461948. Author URL
- Sas, C. (2008). Dick Smakman: Standard Dutch in the Netherlands, a Sociolinguistic and Phonetic Description. Internationale Neerlandistiek 46(1), 58-59 Amsterdam
- Sas, C. (2008). Festivals and Ceremonies in the Netherlands and Belgium; Music and the performing arts in the Netherlands and Belgium. In The world and its peoples (Encyclopedia of Europe) ( ). New York Marshall Cavendish.
- Quist, G., Sas, C., Strik, D. (2006). Intensive Dutch Course. London Routledge. Author URL
Page last modified on 24 sep 14 15:30 by Christine E Sas