At the Dementia Research Centre, we’re involved in a number of support groups that provide information and support to people with rare forms of dementia, and their families, friends and healthcare professionals.
For more information about these groups, please see the links below.
- Familial Alzheimer's disease (FAD)
- Posterior cortical atrophy (PCA)
- Primary progressive aphasia (PPA)
- Frontotemporal dementia (FTD)
- Familial frontotemporal dementia (fFTD)
In July 2015, a letter to the BMJ (formerly the British Medical Journal) by Jill Walton, Natalie Ryan, Sebastian Crutch, Jonathan Rohrer and Nick Fox was published: The importance of dementia support groups (pdf)
In December 2014 we co-hosted an event with Baroness Sally Greengross in the House of Lords to raise awareness of young onset dementia. We put together an information pack for the attendees.