Prof Richard Watt calls for action on reducing oral health inequalities at the International Association of Paediatric Dentistry (IAPD) annual conference.
Prof Watt discusses US & English national oral health surveys on the BMJ Talk Medicine
Watt, R.G., Heilmann, A., Rouxel, P., Williams, D.M., Tsakos, G. (2016). Aubrey Sheiham: Iconoclast and Dental Public Health Pioneer.. Journal of dental research
The department welcomes graduate research students with a merit or higher in Dental Public Health to study for the degrees of Master of Philosophy (MPhil) and Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Dental Public Health.
I was inspired to do my PhD by the philosophy, knowledge and experience of the teachers and supervisors at the UCL dental public health department. For me the MSc was a period to achieve the basic knowledge and direction to be a researcher and the PhD is the hard training time to achieve your own skill for being an independent researcher.
Potential supervisors and their specialisms
- Oral health related quality of life
- Oral health inequalities and social determinants
- Oral health needs assessment
- Effect of oral health on diet and nutrition
- Social determinants of oral health
- Oral health inequalities
- Life course perspective on oral health
- Evaluation of oral health improvement interventions
Further information can be found on the UCL Department of Epidemiology and Public Health website.