Mid GreenBright blueOrange

What can I do to help myself?

We advise students with mobility difficulties to:

  • Be open with your department about your mobility difficulties if you are comfortable to do so – especially if you may need adjustments from your department. If you have any doubts or concerns about sharing information with your department, please come and talk to us at Student Disability Services
  • Contact UCL Student Accommodation as early as possible if you are likely to have specific access requirements in relation to your university-owned accommodation
  • Try and find out about the particular demands of your course well in advance – this will allow you to anticipate problems and make an early start
  • Speak to your department or Student Disability Services as soon as difficulties arise or if your support requirements change – don’t let problems mount up

UCL has systems in place to support you in your studies – but, as with all university students, you will need to take responsibility for your own learning.

Car Parking

  • On-site parking - a very limited number of car parking spaces are available for disabled students who are blue badge holders free of charge. The limited space means that applications will be considered on an individual basis according to need. Please contact Student Disability Services in the first instance
  • Street parking - if you are a blue badge holder you need to be aware that the London Borough of Camden operates its own green badge scheme near the West End of London (this includes the Gower Street site). In this part of the borough a blue badge on its own is not valid. Further information and an application form for the green badge can be obtained from the following link  Camden Borough Council