Mid GreenBright blueOrange

How can I get funding to pay for support?

Funding is usually available from Student Finance England (or equivalent funding body), the NHS (if you’re studying on a healthcare course), or from whatever body is providing you with funding for your studies (e.g., your UK Research Council – if you are on a funded studentship).

  • UK students can apply for Disabled Students’ Allowances (DSAs), which are available to most disabled UK students, both undergraduate and postgraduate.
  • This funding is intended to assist with disability-related costs resulting from your course of study. It is not a loan and is not means tested.

We strongly recommend that you apply for DSAs as early as possible because the process can take several months. Our Disability Advisers can assist you with your application. More information about Disabled Students’ Allowances is available here http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/DisabledPeople/EducationAndTraining/HigherEducation/DG_10034898] and here http://www.direct.gov.uk/prod_consum_dg/groups/dg_digitalassets/@dg/@en/@educ/documents/digitalasset/dg_200484.pdf]

International Students

Most international students will not be eligible for DSAs but may be eligible for funding from their home country or from other sources.

Please contact Student Disability Services as soon as possible to discuss the support and funding you may need while studying at UCL.