Student Disability Services
- Appointments and Contact Details
- Who We Support
- Blind or partially-sighted students
- Deaf or hard of hearing students
- Students with Asperger Syndrome or other autistic spectrum disorders
- Students with dyslexia or other specific learning difficulties (SpLDs)
- Students with long-term medical conditions
- Students with mental health difficulties
- Students with mobility difficulties
- Prospective Students
- International Students
- Financial Support
- Special Examination Arrangements
- SEnIT Suite
- Disclosure and Confidentiality
- Information For Staff
- Study Skills Information Sheets
- Support Workers for Disabled Students
- Union Support for Disabled Students
- Institute of Education Students
- Student Disability Ambassador Scheme
How can I get funding to pay for support?
Funding is usually available from Student Finance England (or equivalent funding body), the NHS (if you’re studying on a healthcare course), or from whatever body is providing you with funding for your studies (e.g., your UK Research Council – if you are on a funded studentship).
- UK students can apply for Disabled Students’ Allowances (DSAs), which are available to most disabled UK students, both undergraduate and postgraduate.
- This funding is intended to assist with disability-related costs resulting from your course of study. It is not a loan and is not means tested.
We strongly recommend that you apply for DSAs as early as possible because the process can take several months. For more information about Disabled Students’ Allowances and how to apply please visit the following link Disabled Students' Allowance
you would like some additional guidance, or have any further queries
relating to DSAs one of our advisers would be happy to help.
Most international students will not be eligible for DSAs but may be eligible for funding from their home country or from other sources.
Please contact Student Disability Services as soon as possible to discuss the support and funding you may need while studying at UCL.