Mid GreenBright blueOrange

What can I do to help myself?

We advise students who are blind or partially-sighted to:

  • Be open with your department about your sight loss if you are comfortable to do so – especially if you may need adjustments from your department. If you have any doubts or concerns about sharing information with your department, please come and talk to us at Student Disability Services
  • Contact UCL Student Accommodation as early as possible if you are likely to have specific access requirements in relation to your university-owned accommodation
  • Try and find out about the particular demands of your course well in advance – this will allow you to anticipate problems and make an early start
  • Speak to your department or Student Disability Services as soon as difficulties arise or if your support requirements change – don’t let problems mount up

UCL has systems in place to support you in your studies – but, as with all university students, you will need to take responsibility for your own learning.