Student Disability Services
- Who We Are
- Appointments and Opening Times
- Prospective Students
- International Students
- Disabled Students Allowance
- Financial Support
- Special Examination Arrangements
- SEnIT Suite
- Disclosure and Confidentiality
- Information For Staff
- Contact Us
- Study Skills Information Sheets
- Support Workers for Disabled Students
Financial Support for Disabled Students
Although most full-time students are excluded from entitlement benefits such as income support and housing benefits, these benefits may be available to particular groups of students, including disabled students.
- Free and confidential Benefit Enquiry Line for people with disabilities and their carers. 0800 882 200 (textphone: 0800 243 355).
The Snowdon Award Scheme provides grants to physically impaired students to help them make the most of further or higher education or training.
The Mike Devenney Scholarship helps disabled students, both undergraduate and postgraduate with some of the costs of studying at higher education institutions.
Birkdale Trust for Hearing Impaired offers financial grants to young people who have a hearing impairment and are residents of the UK.
The Gallaudet Graduate Fellowship provides funds for Deaf or hard of hearing students studying at graduate level
The Directory of Grant Making Trusts (published by the Charities Aid Foundation) is available in many public libraries and contains information about possible sources of funding.