Student Disability Services
- Appointments and Contact Details
- Who We Support
- Prospective Students
- International Students
- Disabled Students' Allowance
- Financial Support
- Special Examination Arrangements
- SEnIT Suite
- Disclosure and Confidentiality
- Information For Staff
- Study Skills Information Sheets
- Support Workers for Disabled Students
- Union Support for Disabled Students
- Institute of Education Students
If you are a student with UK citizenship and you have a disability or medical condition then you may be eligible for Disabled Students' Allowances (DSA).
If you feel that you will need the support of a note-taker, mentor, or other support worker then you will need to apply for DSA funding. You may also require additional equipment in order to study effectively and the DSA can often fund the cost of equipment. In addition there is a General Allowance towards printing, photocopying, and, in some cases, travel costs.
The following video playlist explains more about the process and what to expect. You can cycle through the videos on the top left of the video pane and subtitles can be toggled on the bottom right. If you do not find the information you are looking for then please feel free to contact us.